The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Mike Feb 17, 2014 @ 7:09am
How to reinstall a deleted mod by the author?
Basically, here's the issue. I have a mod that overhauled the proudspire manor with tons of chests and improvements. Well, that mod has now been deleted, so when I enter my game, all the items I had stored in those chests are gone.

Luckily, my laptop still has the mod installed (even though its not in the workshop anymore). So if worse comes to worse, I'll just have to use my laptop to transport everything to another location, install a different mod and move them back.

But, I have 2 issues with that. My laptop is acting up and freezes after about 20 minutes of on-time (it's the PC itself, has nothing to do with the game), and I have a LOOOOOOOOOT of crap in there with low encumbrance.. so.. it would be a pain to move everything without freezing up.

Is there any way to copy a mod from one computer to another?
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
jjb-54 1 Feb 17, 2014 @ 8:37am 
Simple:

Copy the mod files onto your other computer's Skyrim Data file. Make sure you get them ALL - check the sub folders in the data folder as well for files that belong to that mod. (Note the sub-folders as they HAVE to go there for the mod to work.

Then let Skyrim Sync - find it. It should with no issues. Then make sure it's CHECKED (ON / ACTIVE) and you are good to go!!

You will get one constant annoying notice each time you Start Skyrim w/the Skyrim Launcher and it goes through the FILE / SYNC / VERIFICATION - you will be told: that mod is not listed/found. Just hit OKAY and it is still good to go.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 17, 2014 @ 7:09am