The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
GhostRider23 Feb 16 @ 8:15pm
miraak armor
what if if we mix miraaks armor with daedric and made the armor gold with a blue tint instead of red. it would look realy cool with his helmet on golden daedric armor with a blue undertone.

and lets make it God armor with over 20,000 armor rating . how cool would that be.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
zeromaveric 5 Feb 16 @ 11:47pm 
well, for one, if you look at miraak's armor, you notice it's just mage's clothing with 0 armor rating. probably best to just disenchant (if possible) and enchant your own daedric gear :P

still, for one who has the dragonborn dlc, it is possible to just made a daedric retexture and apply miraak's enchantments, so it's easily doable
Amycus Feb 17 @ 2:12am 
Originally posted by imawiese:
and lets make it God armor with over 20,000 armor rating . how cool would that be.
Not very cool at all really, considering that the effective armor cap is only 567. Yes, you can raise it further, but it won't protect you any further. Even if your armor rating is 99999999, it will still only protect you just as well as an armor rating of 567.
J3X 12 Feb 17 @ 5:09am 
Originally posted by Amycus:
Not very cool at all really, considering that the effective armor cap is only 567. Yes, you can raise it further, but it won't protect you any further. Even if your armor rating is 99999999, it will still only protect you just as well as an armor rating of 567.
Oh, that is kind of neat to know.
jjb-54 1 Feb 17 @ 8:27am 
Physical damage reduction is capped at 80%. This occurs at 567 displayed armor rating when wearing all four pieces of armor, 667 when not wearing any pieces of armor, or 542 if wearing 4 pieces of armor and a shield. If you have 100 armor skill (Light or Heavy) and all relevant armor perks, this requires a tempered armor rating of about 135. You can increase your tempered armor rating by 1 roughly every 2 points of Smithing with the appropriate perk, or every 4 without. Therefore, at 100 Smithing you will need 85 base armor with the appropriate perk, which is not achievable without a shield with Light Armor (though Dragonscale comes close at 82 for the set) and requires at least a Steel Plate set for Heavy Armor. With Fortify Smithing enchanted apparel and Fortify Smithing potions you can boost Smithing even further, which can potentially allow any material for which a Smithing perk exists to reach the cap. At the extreme end, you will need about 126 Smithing to make Steel Armor hit the cap, and about 154 Smithing for an Elven set. Unfortunately, Fur, Hide, Studded, Leather, and Iron armor are not affected by any Smithing perks and so cannot be improved as much.

With the aid of enchanting (fortify smithing) and pre-made enchanting and smithing potions, and of course the appropriate armor perks, you can reach the armor cap with any style or type of armor in the game, even hide and iron armor. All without even using a shield.

Shields, spells, and the Lord Stone can reduce the base armor required to hit the cap even further, but these require more management.

This is what I found - but I also remember (trying to find it) that Bethesda stated, with no fine print that you could get into the 1,000+ level of armor rating through enchantments and such, which breaks the 567 - (Yes, I'm going my best to find that. So take this as UNCONFIRMED at this point.)

So maybe, based on what I remember reading, Armor does have a cap at 567 - but with enchantments on it (Fire Resistance - Frost Resistance and such) your level is higher than the cap?? (note ???)

I do know there is a cap on Weapon's especially bows. I found, at least for me - that bow's have a cap of just over 500 +/- and swords and other hand held weapons 900 - which makes sense.
GhostRider23 Feb 17 @ 12:04pm 
what i mean is take his helmet and and stick it on golden daedric armor . and you know that little thing that that hangs off the armor make that a royal blue. retexureing the helmet to make it more gold looking .

you guys do know this is a modding station right? you can do anything to the armor . it seems to me you guys are a tad bit ignorant on what a mod is.
zeromaveric 5 Feb 17 @ 5:57pm 
what i mean is take his helmet and and stick it on golden daedric armor . and you know that little thing that that hangs off the armor make that a royal blue. retexureing the helmet to make it more gold looking .

you guys do know this is a modding station right? you can do anything to the armor . it seems to me you guys are a tad bit ignorant on what a mod is.
they're just getting into the nitty gritty details about your suggestion of 20k armor rating, which is impossible in the game since it's programmed with a maximum capacity. the rest of the stuff can be done easily, but your suggestion started a pretty interesting conversation about the game's mechanics :P
GhostRider23 Feb 17 @ 9:47pm 
hey zeromaveric you seem nicer than those other two. if you have any mod suggetions sure would reaaly like to know what ever you have in mind
zeromaveric 5 Feb 18 @ 12:56am 
pretty much only mod i have in mind i'd like to have would require someone with 3d modeling experience, which i have 0 talent in. i've tried it, and it just looks like a headache to me XD but i'd pretty much just want a sword from an old favorite RPG classic brought into skyrim
Dragon Buster Sword[static2.wikia.nocookie.net]

from the way the sword worked in the original game, we'd have to come into contact with the creators of the Magicka Sabers mod, and i'd like to collaborate with the Deacon guy who did the Dark Brotherhood weapons/armor set, or whoever it was who did that one fire/frost aura weapons i saw on one of the skyrim mod shows on youtube
Last edited by zeromaveric; Feb 18 @ 1:01am
GhostRider23 Feb 18 @ 5:02pm 
hey Zeromaveric you shouldnt shoot yourself down you may be suprised how much talent you have . anyways you maybe on to somthing with going to the creators of magik saber and dark brotherhood armor/weapon set . this maybe a weird question are you a dude or a dudette.
zeromaveric 5 Feb 18 @ 10:22pm 
i'm a dude :P
GhostRider23 Feb 18 @ 10:57pm 
I suspected that i just wasnt sure . so what if we took the alkirs swords and just a tad of tweeking we could make them edward kenways swords, savvy.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 16 @ 8:15pm