The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
linda6943 Feb 16 @ 4:02pm
Dawnguard: Darkfall Passage -- no escape?
First of all, I never bought Danguard. I hadn't played for about six months, and when I started up again, vampires were starting to turn up everywhere. One of the Whiterun guards talked to me, and bingo! I now had a new quest, one I'd never heard of before. It seemed interesting to my level 20 Argonian Fighter/thief, so I followed it up. I've gotten the two scrolls, been to the Soul Cairn, etc. I'm now stuck in Darkfall Passage, trying to find the way out or the way to the Wayshrine. I've explored the entire passage, including the underwater passage to the seemingly dead-end cave with the well-hidden rescue rope for escape. All arrows point me back to the entry point from Darkfell Cave, which of course is sealed off since I haven't found the wayshrine. BTW, when I received the initiate's ewer, the central fountain was empty. I assumed from that that the fountian to fill the ewer must be at the end of the passage. Can anyone tell me how to proceed from here? Am I stuck in here, and hate to forfeit about five levels of experience if I decide to go back to an earlier save. Thank you.
The Elf Herself
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Feb 16 @ 6:27pm 
So wait - Do you or do you not own a legit copy of Dawnguard or is that Danguard?? ;) (Just having fun - I have typo's two ...) ;)

First do you have any "teleportation spells" to a home or city?
(Just asking - you can use them if you do.)

If you cannot find the exit door - it is not well marked and to write it out would be no small challenge - you could use the Console Command:

~
COC Whiterun (or where ever you want to go) <shift/return>
~ (exit) and you should be in Whiterun. :)
linda6943 Feb 16 @ 9:38pm 
I pre-ordered Skyrim two (?) years ago. Dawnguard and that quest to ascend to the top of Ark-something-or-other (Dwemer ruin in northwest) just appeared seemingly out of nowhere when I waited (and waited and waited) for all the current updates to download after an absence of about six months. I assume I got them as freebies because the pre-order was a gold edition or something. I'm using a PC with Windows7, with a gamepad instead of mouse, since it's easier on my arthritis (I've been retired for 22 years, so you see I'm not exactly a millennial, gen-X-er, even a Baby Boomer.) Since Steam and/or Bethesda kindly installed Dawnguard, I assume it's very, very legitimate.
Just give me a clue: is the exit near the end of the long passageway, somewhere near the waterfall and the narrow river canyon in the northwest? (Clairvoyance spells keep guiding me to return to the ruined shrine near the beginning of the passageway.) I don't have very many spells, since I'm a fighter/thief, so teleportation is a little beyond me. I'll keep looking. Maybe I missed a button or lever or something that will open up a passage. I can see an outline in the rock walls that looks suspicious, but no hint as to how to open it up. I've swum all the rivers, and there's nothing there. Maybe I'll just go back to the save at the cave entrance, tell Serana to get lost, and forget Dawnguard altogether!
mpd1958 Feb 17 @ 2:44am 
You have spoken with the elf and received the ewer, at that point the wayshrine should show a portal, you go through that to the next area to be traversed.
gnewna Feb 17 @ 8:17am 
I just went through the passage yesterday, and I had no quest marker, it was fairly annoying. It's pretty much a case of continuing through the passage, following those funny glowing flowers that hide in the tube things. It's quite a long walk, I think, lots of Falmer and so on. I'm drawing a slight blank on the canyon/waterfall bit, but yes, that sounds about right. I'm not sure there was a lever or anything, but I've a feeling there may have been a semi-hidden turning. Might be worth having a look on YouTube, often there are little clips of the tricky stuff...
linda6943 Feb 17 @ 9:17am 
Thanks to you all for the help. To quote the Ivarstad innkeeper: I can't believe I was so stupid!
I forgot Elder Scrolls 101, lesson 3, "Always look behind or beside the waterfall." (Comes right after lesson 1. Save early, save often; and lesson 2. When outgunned, strike hard and run like H***.)
cloud2sephiroth12 Feb 17 @ 11:04am 
That is a secret door, but it doesn't open from that side. (There are two ways to get there.) You don't have to fill the ewer the first time, but you do in all the following shrines. Also you do not pass through the other shrines. They are simple teleports to the other shrines. That quest is huge, and there is no way to shorten it.
CTU_Grimmfang Feb 17 @ 4:22pm 
Thanks for all the feedback on this.. I was curious about this as well.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 16 @ 4:02pm