Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 10:00am
【Help】Problems on making switches !
For example,press a button,laser on,press another button,laser off.
We all know that we can't just simply link both buttons to the laser emitter,or there will be a "and" gate that means "pressing both buttons and the laser is on".
I'm making a map and I want to make the scene like this:Walk to a place,triggers a 90-degree panel deployed,and then press a button,triggers the panel off.I made the walking part with a trigger once that once a player walks into the trigger-once,the panel is on.But how to make the button part?
Do I have to use hammer or I only need to use the logic gates?If hammer is a must,how to edit the inputs and outputs?
Much thanks!
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Gemarakup 19 Feb 16 @ 10:35am 
It requires a SR latch. I don't know if you have them in BEE2, so in hammer, double click the button, and in the outputs tab, should be instance:OnPressed> name of the panel> instance:Counter;Add;1 or something like that. Change the counter thing to instance:counter;subtract;1. Then, double click the panel, and look for the tab that says something with "count" that should maybe have the number 2 (number of inputs required to activate it) and change it to 1.
Last edited by Gemarakup; Feb 16 @ 10:38am
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 10:49am 
So the SR latch is the name of the item?I got a bee mod 2 but it seems there's no SR latch.Is there a download link for an SR latch (sounds like an instance , vmf..)If not,I will try in the hammer for it later !
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 11:13am 
OK I searched on google and find another beemod version by Teamspen210,and I find a VMF file of SR Latches.Can I simply copy the vmf to /p2editor and enter Puzzlemaker to use it?
GamerXD54 3 Feb 16 @ 11:28am 
Whats a SR Latch(es) ?, im not good at game LOGIC items lol, i understand And/or/Not gates but whats an SR Latch, and plz dumb it up for me lol
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 11:31am 
I'll try it first and tell you
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 12:04pm 
It's like,there is input A and input B,input A activate something ,input B disactivate it.
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 16 @ 12:05pm 
OK I've got the SR Latch,could you tell me how to use it?
GamerXD54 3 Feb 16 @ 12:12pm 
Originally posted by Freeman|TR:
It's like,there is input A and input B,input A activate something ,input B disactivate it.

So its like using the OR, but on turns off and one turns on, i wish there was a way to do that with the portal gun on the pedistal or the "Auto" Portals...
Skyferret 111 Feb 16 @ 3:54pm 
This is actually quite simple using the BEE Mod. What you're saying is to have the Trigger Once deploy the panel to 90 degrees. You probably placed the panel there but set it to "not deployed". You need to do this in what seems counter-intuitively. First, set the panel to "Start Deployed". From the Trigger Once, connect it to a NOT gate, then from the NOT gate to the panel. This will deploy it to 90 degrees when the player reaches the Trigger Once. As for the button. You'll have to use a pedestal button (which I assume you want) and set it all the way down to "no time". Connect the pedestal button directly to the panel. That will trigger it closed, or "not deployed".
Gemarakup 19 Feb 16 @ 8:50pm 
SR: SET, RESET.
GamerXD54 3 Feb 16 @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by Gemarakup:

Ah, got ya, Why is everything that involves logic in games have a name that seems random but once you learn makes complete scence lol
Gemarakup 19 Feb 16 @ 8:53pm 
Originally posted by GamerXD54:

Ah, got ya, Why is everything that involves logic in games have a name that seems random but once you learn makes complete scence lol
Because you don't know what it means... There's also T flipflop, and delayers.
Last edited by Gemarakup; Feb 16 @ 8:53pm
GamerXD54 3 Feb 16 @ 8:57pm 
Originally posted by GamerXD54:

Because you don't know what it means... There's also T flipflop, and delayers.
im guessing that T flipflop means it reverses inputs in the shape of a t, Example: Two buttons activate one thing, but the t flipflop makes it so 1 button activates two items ?, im just throwing things out here...
TeamSpen210 13 Feb 16 @ 10:28pm 
A T-Flipflop toggles its output whenever given a signal. It "flips" and "flops" back and forth, hence the name.

If you haven't go my SR latch working yet, you basically need to place down three items and connect them together. In the OP's case, you want to connect the trigger to an Input A item, the button to an Input B item, and then both Inputs A and B to the SR latch. The SR latch outputs like normal.
Freeman|TR 19 Feb 17 @ 12:30am 
It seems that it's not that simple,for it looks like creating another and gate~But I do manage to realize the effect with SR Latch.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 16 @ 10:00am