Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

Discover And Share User Maps
Download new user maps and extend you game experience. Create your own maps and share it with friends and community. Click here to learn more about sharing your content.
Boomstixx Feb 11 @ 9:26pm
[Build] Can't enter 3D-Mode
Hi.
I can't enter 3D-Mode. I am in a valid Sector but pressing Enter (Numpad) does absolutly nothing. Not even a error message.
It works with Mapster - but good old Build would be better for me.
Any ideas?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Micky C 3 Feb 13 @ 4:05am 
Why oh why would you want Build over Mapster32? Seriously, give me one reason, I'm genuinely curious.

The version of build included with megaton is completely messed up and broken in many ways. IMO General Arcade knows it's a waste of time to put the effort into it when everyone's gonig to use mapster anyway.
RPG Master Feb 17 @ 11:08am 
I'm using Build because in order to get Mapster32, I'd have to build it from source because the packages they have are for an older version of Ubuntu.

But to answer your question, I've noticed that the included version of Build likes to overwrite your Build.cfg files with some weird addditions to the key mapping, which prevents using some keys. What I did was set up my Build.cfg the way I wanted it, and then marking the file as read-only. (but first I deleted the cfg file and opened Build so I could get a non-screwed up one)

Hope that helps.
Last edited by RPG Master; Feb 17 @ 11:09am
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50