Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Freeman|TR 17 Feb 9 @ 12:26pm
【Help】Badly needs somebody to help fix this awful bug!
Well here's the case.I created a lift (the platform moving up and down) in the puzzlemaker.After that I created a laser emitter(start on),pointing directly to the laser receiver,so that once the player entered the chamber,the laser shoot into the receiver.Then I linked the receiver to the lift.I set the lift "start on".
So the results turn out to be,once the player entered the chamber,the lift is on for an instance,but immediately the receiver get the laser,and the lift stops moving.Everything is perfect at the first round.Then I kill myself in the game.When I respawn,at the entrance,the door opened,and the lift just goes up and down automatically,linked with the receiver.
So,if the player load the map completely,that is,the player start from the very first elevator,everything is just fine.As long as the player dies or restart the round for reasons,the huge bug shows and the player can just take the lift to the end.
How to deal with this problem?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Gemarakup 18 Feb 10 @ 7:23am 
Get the lift to start off, because the reciever doesn't know it's been shot at already.
Freeman|TR 17 Feb 10 @ 8:45am 
I will try next time. But..Well here's how I think..Lift:start off.Linked to receiver.Receiver being shot at.--> lift starts moving,at the very beginning.But in fact I want the players to get a cube and use it to block the laser. It should be: Lift: start on,linked to receiver,receiver being shot at,lift off,laser blocked,lift on..And at last I used a tractor beam instead of the lift and the beam doesn't get the problem.
Freeman|TR 17 Feb 10 @ 8:46am 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226607413 I published it hours ago.You can try it first haha~!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 9 @ 12:26pm