Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Scott Bullock Feb 7 @ 8:31pm
Greenlight leaving
Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen because I haven't heard a definite date.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
-Z- Feb 7 @ 8:57pm 
That's because there isn't one. Again, it's Valve Time. By the time it does go away, they might have set up that "Open Network" system Gabe talked about before, or something closer to it.

He talked about their being able to do away with Greenlight a good year ago, but since then they've been restructuring their systems and putting through larger batches than at the start. With how long it can take for a title to pass from being "Greenlit" to "Released," and with their having passed a batch just recently, I don't expec they'll have any sort of definite date for quite a while.
AusSkiller Feb 8 @ 1:53am 
Don't expect it to go away until they have something else in place to deal with submissions, so my guess is probably a year or so, though it is Valve so it wouldn't surprise me if it was longer. Valve will probably announce the new process several months before it goes live so just keep an eye out for that as an indicator.
Scott Bullock Feb 8 @ 4:03pm 
Cool thanks
Edreyn Feb 8 @ 10:58pm 
About a year then? Well maybe by this time I'll manage to make at least an alpha.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 7 @ 8:31pm