Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Tudj meg többet
Hammer running slower
I'm getting forward more and more with my current map. However, now it's getting a bit slow while editing. I don't think I have that slow computer since I can play Portal 2 on high graphic setting with about 30-40 fps.

My spec:
Dual core 2,5GHz
Nvidia 9600M 256mb
4GB DDR3 ram

Valves official maps seem to have more items in their maps than in mine, but theirs run smoother in Hammer. Any ideas why it's getting slower and how I can speed it up again?
< >
14/4 megjegyzés mutatása
Do you have Radius Culling on? The button with the R and the red circle? Turn it off.
Yes I did! Thank you very much for such an easy solution. What does it do by the way?
It limits the size of your map. Probably used in quake mapping for some reason, but in source mapping, it's useless. Anything outside the red sphere will cause leaks, so it doesn't have a use. Also, the hotkey to toggle it is C, so don't press it by mistake.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Gemarakup; 2014. febr. 7., 6:22
Thanks @Gemarakup!
< >
14/4 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2014. febr. 6., 23:11