The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
magickman93 Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:12pm
.dds files in adobe photoshop
I have the plugin in order for adobe photoshop to read .dds files and was able to open the file I needed in photoshop so that I can start retexturing. However I was wondering why the opened image was white and not the colors and textures of what the object looks like in game? BTW I'm working with Mehrunes Razor if that helps. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
zeromaveric 5 Feb 6, 2014 @ 10:04pm 
did you open the mehrunesrazor_n.dds by chance? that file is usually an alpha with hilights around where the real texture's image resides
magickman93 Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:27pm 
Yeah I opened mehrunesrazor_n.dds, mehrunesrazor_m.dds and mehrunesrazor.dds and all three appeared as a white box to me. I'll have to take a closer look at the _n.dds file again. Thank you for your help.
zeromaveric 5 Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:55pm 
well, i looked at my textures, and the mehrunesrazor.dds showed up fine for me. i could try to upload mine and you can use it if it'll help
magickman93 Feb 7, 2014 @ 4:03pm 
I wonder if something extracted wrong. I used BSA unpacker to unpack the skyrim.bsa file to get the .dds files. I'll try re extracting and see what happens. Thanks.
magickman93 Feb 7, 2014 @ 4:33pm 
I just figured out how to use FOMM to extract .bsa files and it worked perfectly for extracting the .dds files for mehrunesrazor and I can now see the textures. Thanks again for your help! :)
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:12pm