The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
[HM] Kbomb Feb 6, 2014 @ 10:15am
Cursed book mod help
I've been looking around and haven't found anything that could help me with this.

I basically want to create a book that will apply the Sanguinare Vampiris disease to the Dragonborn when you open it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction with this I'd be forever grateful, I need something like this as part of my Augustine's Gift mod.

Thanks in advance.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
zeromaveric 5 Feb 6, 2014 @ 12:42pm 
if you have dawnguard, you could use a portion of that as a base, since it seems simple enough to be made in CK alone. in dawnguard, there's a spring that can give you Sanguinaire Vampiris by activating it if you're not a vampire, so you could copy how that works and simply apply it to a book
[HM] Kbomb Feb 6, 2014 @ 12:50pm 
I assume you mean a water spring of some type? Thanks for this, I just made a potion in the end because it was annoying me, but I will most definitely revisit this in a little while!
J3X 13 Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:35pm 
I think it would be a simple as a simple player.addSpell script command.
[HM] Kbomb Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:47pm 
Well something happened, I dropped the book on the floor, read from it and got an instant CTD, which is more than can be said for the last 4 hours of my attempts, I'm going to attempt a simpler script and see if that has any effect.

*Edit* That didn't work, I swear I'm just missing a trigger on it or something to make it work.

J3X, you say a player.addspell script command would probably do it, but having never done any scripting on CK I don't know how to go about it. I see a lot of things about it on the forums but I haven't had a chance to get myself aquainted with it just yet.
Last edited by [HM] Kbomb; Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:24pm
[HM] Kbomb Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:38pm 
I started writing a script of my own byt I have run into an error "no viable alternative at input DiseaseSanguinareVampiris, can anyone help shed some light on this?

Scriptname SanguinareVampirisBook extends ObjectReference
{Book Script}

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
Game.GetPlayer(DiseaseSanguinareVampiris auto)
Debug.MessageBox("You Receive Augustine's Gift of Immortal Life")
endEvent
Last edited by [HM] Kbomb; Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:38pm
[HM] Kbomb Feb 6, 2014 @ 8:01pm 
This issue has been resolved, thanks for the info people. :)
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2014 @ 10:15am