Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Feb 6, 2014 @ 12:01am
Steam greenlight game ranking???
Hi everyone,

can someone explain me how does steam greenlight ranking works. Yesterday before steam greenlit 50 games our game T.E.C. 3001 was on 86th place. After that we climbed on only 57th place.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Adelion Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:41am 
To my knowledge the only relevant thing are the "Yes" votes. The more votes you have the higher your ranking.
There are atleast two possibilities to explain your jump of "only" 29 places. The first ist, that since yesterday 21 games with a lower ranking then you gathered more "Yes" votes and while doing so got a better ranking.
The second possibility is that Valve did not Greenlit the Top 50 Games with the highest number of votes but also games with lower ranking under consideration of additional factors.
Last edited by Adelion; Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:13am
Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:16am 
Thx Adelion,
I had to ask this because it was hard for me to believe that we dropped for 20 places, and we were constanly at 86th place for several days.
So i think that second possibility is more suitable answer for my question. Anyway thank you for your effort to clear this out.
I would like to hear other people opinion aswell, maby someone had similar situation, or knows something that we don't.
C0untzer0 Feb 6, 2014 @ 6:02am 
Adelion missed something:
50 TItles does not mean 50 Games. A number of those selected items will be Software.
Adelion Feb 6, 2014 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Adelion missed something:
50 TItles does not mean 50 Games. A number of those selected items will be Software.

Heh, yea did forget about that. Although the number of software titles is normally rather small. Therefore, I putted an "atleast" in my text. There may still be other explanation.
wilco64256 Feb 6, 2014 @ 7:03am 
The explanation is both that they took some software, and that they selected some games that are lower in the rankings than yours. They have done so with every batch since the system started.
Feb 6, 2014 @ 7:29am 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
The explanation is both that they took some software, and that they selected some games that are lower in the rankings than yours. They have done so with every batch since the system started.
Thx for explanation,
Now, we can just hope that we will be greenlit in near future.
Qon Feb 6, 2014 @ 6:58pm 
Well, Qongratz on getting greenlit then Phoenix! Eagerly awaiting your masterpiece :D
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Feb 6, 2014 @ 7:33pm 
Originally posted by Qon:
Well, Qongratz on getting greenlit then Phoenix! Eagerly awaiting your masterpiece :D
Not Greenlit yet, but he's getting closer.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 6, 2014 @ 12:01am