The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
magickman93 Feb 5 @ 3:56pm
.BSA file extraction for Skyrim modding
Anyone have any suggestions of a good program to extract the .BSA files in Skyrim? I haven't been able to get a copy of BSAopt to work and was wondering if there was something else I could use. Is it possible to extract the files manually? I've been able to use the creation kit to change stats on weapons and place them in game, but I would like to be able to remesh/retexture the items I create and know that in order to do that I need to extract the .BSA files to get to the NIF files. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
zeromaveric Feb 5 @ 5:14pm 
you could use FOMM (fallout mod manager) since it works similar to BSAopt. another program i found on the nexus was BSA Unpacker, though i last tried that over a year ago, and don't remember a thing about it
magickman93 Feb 5 @ 5:36pm 
Thanks very much I will give FOMM a try first!
magickman93 Feb 5 @ 6:00pm 
FOMM didn't recognize Skyrim, but BSA Unpacker works perfectly and is very easy to use. Thank you so much!
zeromaveric Feb 5 @ 6:13pm 
glad i could help :)
J3X Feb 6 @ 3:10am 
zeromaveric Feb 6 @ 3:16am 
he posted in the first post BSAopt doesn't work for him :P hence the alternatives
J3X Feb 6 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by zeromaveric:
he posted in the first post BSAopt doesn't work for him :P hence the alternatives
Oh, my bad. I kind of skimmed through the post.
magickman93 Feb 6 @ 2:57pm 
That's okay for some reason when I downloaded BSAopt from nexus the archive showed a file size of 1kb and said it was corrupted. I tried it several times from multiple servers with the same issue. BSA unpacker works great though, now I'm closer to realizing my sword mod! :)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 5 @ 3:56pm