The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
CerberusKnight14 Feb 3, 2014 @ 9:46pm
[HELP] Weapon Mod Editing - Sword Type to Dagger Type
I am currently trying to edit a weapon from a mod (Corvo's Blade). Since it look a lot more like a dagger I want to stich it to a dagger type in order to recieve the Assassin's Perk for it. With the creation kit I have been able to switch it to a dagger type. But I ran into a problem.

Although the weapon is now a dagger type, when drawn it appears invisible in hand. While in 3rd person the weapon still appears in its' sheath. Attacking with the invisible weapon still works. Equiping the weapon to the left hand brings it up normally, due to, what I believe, the fact that the left hand weapon appears from nowhere instead of actually being drawn.

So how can I still keep my weapon as a dagger, and have to be drawn by right hand just as it was drawn while it was still a sword? Or at the very least simply make it visible in right hand.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
jreese46 50 Jan 24 @ 11:47am 
I just saw this, while I was searching for something else, but have you already taken care of it, or do you still need to know?
CerberusKnight14 Jan 24 @ 11:55am 
No, I haven't and I don't think I need this anymore. But if you know how to fix it, I'm sure someone else with this problem would be interested.
jreese46 50 Jan 24 @ 12:28pm 
Ok, off the top of my head, I believe the issue is fixed in nifskope, with the weapon mesh itself.

You would extract the mesh only, unless you're customizing the texture. Open the mesh with nifskope, and look for where it says "WeaponSword" in the nodes. Click on that, and then look at the bottom panel, for the string itself.

Right-click, and edit the string to say "WeaponDagger."
Then go to the top, entry *usually 0BS fade node* and it should say "IronSword" or whatever type you're using. Right-click and hit "Apply."

Go to the top of the page, to the Spells tab, hit Batch > update all tangent spaces, and then Optimize > remove bogus nodes, and save as whatever name you want.

Repeat the process for the 1st person weapon mesh.

When you've got meshes with the same "sword" now labeled as a dagger, you would go to creation kit, open the 1stperson weapon form, and tell it to use that new dagger mesh. Then open the weapon itself and, in the art tab, assign the dagger mesh and make sure it's using the right 1stperson form.

It should work, at that point.

I'm trying to find the tutorial I used to get this to work before, just to make sure I'm not giving you bad info. When I find it, I'll post it here.
jreese46 50 Jan 24 @ 1:21pm 
I can't find the tutorial I used before. Sorry.

This retexture tutorial will help with what programs are needed and how to get them, and how to extract the meshes you need for the weapons. If you're changing someone else's custom weapon, you would find the meshes (and textures if you want) in the .bsa associated with that mod, rather than Skyrim - Meshes or Skyrim - Textures.

http://www.creationkit.com/Retexture_Tutorial
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 3, 2014 @ 9:46pm