The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Znajdź najlepsze modyfikacje dla swojej gry
Wyszukiwanie i instalowanie swoich ulubionych modyfikacji jest prostsze niż zwykle. Twórcy modyfikacji docenią również ulepszony system wysyłania swoich prac bezpośrednio na Steam. Kliknij tutaj, aby dowiedzieć się więcej.
S C O O T 2 lutego 2014 o 23:17
Mod request for anyone really
Hey guys, I was just looking for someone with modding experience to make something for me. I would tinker with the editor myself, but I don't have a lot of patience to learn anything beyond map building. There will be a reward for the person who creates this mod correctly (I'll buy you a game off your wishlist)

I would like an all around realistic damage mod.

It sounds simple really... because it is, but there are some parameters. Before I get to those, let me give you an idea of what I mean. If you've ever played the "Mount and Blade" series, you'd know that it is super easy to die in battle if you have the difficulty up- That is if you get hit with a sword in certain spots, or get run down by a spear, you fall within 2 or 3 hits. If you get shot by an archer, you can be killed instantly by a headshot and so on. On the flip side, you can kill someone with two or three swings from a sword, a headshot or a couple body shots with arrows, or a spear and so on. That is what I want in the mod for skyrim. I'll detail it right now so you know what to look for. In short, think of how these weapons in Skyrim would act in real life. Obviously even if you had a regular bow, you could still take down an opponent by shooting the gaps in their armor. You could probably take down a mailed opponent in less than 3 swings with solid hits.

-Armor is one of the factors that determines how much damage you take
a- The armor shouldn't be so strong that it takes 9 or 10 swings, but
rather it slightly improves your defense against arrows and swords
b- The better your armor, the less likely you are to die from a couple
of swings, but the damage done to the player should still make
them wary of defense.
-All weapons, regardless of type (iron, steel, dragon, etc) do the same amount of damage.
-All weapons should be able to bring down any soldier in 2-3 swings
a- Double handed weapons take two swings with fast clicks, and 1 swing with a long click to take an enemy down, at the expense of stamina, and slight damage per block.
-Shields always block arrows, swings, and magic and negates all damage
-Arrow shots to gaps in the armor does as much damage as a shot to an unarmored entity
-Bows do the same amount of damage
-NPCs make a greater effort to block and attack intelligently so that they are not brought down by a frenzied Dragonborn.
-Magic varies from spell to spell, but is still lethal and should be scaled to be formittable in combat.
-All the parameters applied to the player as far as taking damage should also be applied to the NPCs. A regular opponent should fall in 2-3 hits

Hopefully these parameters make sense. Obviously, I am trying to get the damage as close to the "Mount & Blade" style as possible to hopefully have a more realistic, difficult experience... and so I am not swinging a million times at an opponent that is not armored or blocking.

If you take an interest in this, let me know!
I'll probably buy you a game off your wishlist if you create the mod correctly :)

THANKS!
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-8 z 8 komentarzy
jjb-54 1 3 lutego 2014 o 6:26 
Here is what you will be told - Do it yourself - > that is what I and many others have been told and here is why:

Those that took the time to learn it have their own ideas and goals. They are busy with their personal lives and when time permits - they create the mods that they want to create. They have limited time to 'play' if you will .....and that time, again is used for their own ideas and mods.

Now >IF< you are willing to pay fair wage for someone to to this - I am sure you will find a person that is willing to do this. But also understand, by fair - I mean more than a few dollars an hour.

(Buying a game on their wish list for this kind of mod is not a 'fair wage' by the way.)
Brandybuck 18 3 lutego 2014 o 9:07 
This mod is almost a complete rewrite of melee combat. I would not expect anyone to create it for you for the mere price of a new game. You will find a LOT of combat overhauls out there, but yours is so specific you'll need to find an expert modder who also shares your specific opinions.
S C O O T 3 lutego 2014 o 13:37 
It is just a request. I am not contracting anyone, and obviously if I post on a forum with the reward of a game on a person's wishlist, I am not offering anyone a job. The point is to throw out an idea on the interwebs, maybe someone will take intrest and work on something in their spare time.

If I was so obsessed with Skyrim that I had to have the mod in some time frame, then ofcourse I would offer an hourly rate and a reward upon completion, but seeing as I like to play in my own spare time between work, school, etc, I cannot afford to give someone such a reward. I can, however, offer the token of gratitude that is a small gift.

The 'reward' is not this issue I am really interested in. Brandybuck did make a good point with the changing of the combat system. I recognize that some of the things I listed wouldn't be possible, but there are a lot of insane mods out there and I am confident that there would be a degree in which a person could mod to my requirements.

Thanks to the both of you for your feedback though. My offer still stands :)
Adura 1 5 lutego 2014 o 14:43 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Sweet Jesus:
Why everyone so angry about dis discustion? All you do is change the stats of weapons. The only problem is you want AI better. But besides that, Dont get yo lady parts in a twist people! Getting a free game for somthing dat easy...

I do agree that the response is a little less amicable then it should be, given how polite Delta has been and that he has offered a reward.

However, this mod sounds like a huge pain to make.

You'd have to change the stats of every single weapon in the game (And it would not work with modded weapons). There are several hundred of them. This would, admittedly, be much easier if you want Enchantments to be ignored, but then you'll have many weapons that would kill in fewer hits.

There's also the matter of the poster wanting those weapon slashes to kill any enemy (or at least any human enemy) in only a few hits. That means also altering the health/level/stats of every type of 'soldier'. (There are somewhere between 500 to a thousand or two actor/NPCs in base Skyrim in the Creation kit.)

Altering their ai would also mean needing to at least check all NPCs that can use shields.

Then there's the request to have arrows do different damage depending on whether they hit an armor covered section or not. I'm not even sure if that's possible. The only thing similar that I've seen is the headshot mod, but the creator indicated that it was buggy and a pain to make. And that's not even getting into finding a way to differentiate between different armors that cover a different amount of the body.

There is also the matter of the ambiguity of the mod request. What do you mean by 'soldier'? Do you mean only changing the guard npcs? Human npcs? Only the civil war npcs? Vampires too?

You also never mentioned if you need this to work with Dawnguard and/or Dragonborn. They have weapons and NPCs that would need to be modified as well.

I'm doubtful that anyone would take this request unless they also really want to see the same changed.

While I do like some of the ideas presented, I already use a mod that includes the parts I like (Requiem).

I do hope you can find mods that give you what you're looking for OP, but I wouldn't count on somebody taking the request. Good luck! ^_^
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Adura; 5 lutego 2014 o 14:44
Brandybuck 18 5 lutego 2014 o 15:04 
I was not angry, merely expressing how huge the scope of the request was.
S C O O T 5 lutego 2014 o 16:08 
I suppose by "soldier" I mean all NPC's. That is a pretty vague description for the people that will be affected. And by "swings" I mean each successful hit takes a certain percentage of the combatant's total Full health. Meaning that if you face someone with 100 health, and you took a swing that took 45% of his health, the next swing would not take 45% of his current health, but his original 100. So 100hp, gets hit, 55hp, gets hit again 10hp, gets hit again dead, etc.

As far as the arrows between armor, I suppose that would not only be a pain, but would take an enormous amount of time to map out all of the nooks and crannies in all of the possible combinations of armor where flesh is exposed.

When it comes to blocking, the AI would only need to block more often.

No DLC required

I hadn't thought about enchantments. They are a large modifier when it comes to damage.

Nonetheless, I am still excited about this idea.
Maybe I'll take a crash course in the Creation Kit and try working on it myself, but until then, I still hope someone comes forth!

I would do it, but I have no expeirence modding in Skyrim. Last game I modded with was Elder Scrolls III. So I'm sure things are quite different. However based on the expeirence I DO have I can tell you this: it is an extremely hard project to make something to someone else's specifics. I would suggest taking some time to learn the modding interfeace, and do it on your own :) Then it'll be exactly what you want, and you can make more mods for your own use.
Adura 1 5 lutego 2014 o 16:51 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Delta895:
As far as the arrows between armor, I suppose that would not only be a pain, but would take an enormous amount of time to map out all of the nooks and crannies in all of the possible combinations of armor where flesh is exposed.

I still don't see how this is possible with the base Creation Kit. I don't recall ever seeing any function or tool that looks at where something hits on the body, or even whether there is an armor mesh in that area.

The headshot mod, as the only example that would even remotely suggest it could be done, is tied into the mesh or skeleton. And the game mainly handles armor just by having slots of 'head', 'body', 'hands', etc. This isn't dynamic enough to check for small uncovered areas within these individual parts of the body.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Adura; 5 lutego 2014 o 16:55
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-8 z 8 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Data napisania: 2 lutego 2014 o 23:17