Torchlight II

Your Torchlight II Transmutation Station
Here you can find mods that allow nearly unlimited customization of Torchlight II. Use the GUTS Editor to change almost any aspect of the game and share your creations with the community. Click here to learn more.
Mimsy Jan 29 @ 10:33am
*Help Wanted* Making an Autoloot mod
It would be nice if I picked up items by going near them, like with gold. I haven't found this mod so I decided to try to make it, but maybe you can help. The problem is, I'm totally new to modding. Please post here if you can help.

My basic idea is to find the flag that calls a drop "gold" and set that for potions and whatever else I want picked up. That way I won't have to write a script to look for new item types. Since you can set in Item Options what you want to see on the ground, each checkbox (rare boots, magic trinkets) probably is a flag in the item properties. I found gold as an item drop class (GOLD50 etc). There is NOT a separate item class for Rare vs. Magic, only for Unique, Magic, and Normal. I conclude the visible category flag is set when affixes are generated and I can't find where that is.

Any suggestions? Is this even possible?
Last edited by Mimsy; Jan 29 @ 10:47am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Råb!d Jan 31 @ 5:30pm 
I'd like this type of mod too. Sorry I can't help though.
Mimsy Jan 31 @ 10:31pm 
The consensus online seems to be that this is not possible because the way gold drops are handled is hard-coded and can't be changed with GUTS, but I did manage to make gold that drops but isn't picked up like gold so I think there's hope. Just need to go the other way.

Anyone know if there's a "main" T2 modding forum?
Aherin 2 Feb 1 @ 3:05pm 
I'd make a post in here http://forums.runicgames.com/viewforum.php?f=47 if you need help.
Mimsy Feb 6 @ 8:31pm 
FTR here's my thread on the Runic forums http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59420 No progress made yet though.
ShutUpYohFace Feb 9 @ 7:35am 
this sounds interesting and useful, i do hate clicking everything
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50