Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels and challenges to share with others.
Läs mer
 Denna tråd har blivit fäst, så den är troligtvis viktig
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 26 jan, 2014 @ 7:55
Intro to the Octodad Editor (Windows only)
The Octodad Editor allows you to create levels to submit to Steam Workshop. The editor is Windows only for the foreseeable future. It is the same editor we built to create the story levels in the game. If you are comfortable using an editor such as Unity or UDK, you should be able to figure out how to use our editor.

In order to learn about how to use the editor, please visit our wiki:
http://www.octodadgame.com/workshop/index.php?title=Main_Page

Please make sure to read 'Setting Up Your Level' guide thoroughly, since failure to setup your created level in the correct place can cause issues with submission and loss of work.

The general design behind levels are that trigger objects check against conditions and trigger event objects perform events. You can create chains of logic so that triggers must be active before other triggers. Feel free to open existing levels in Content/Levels/ folder of the game for reference or Content/Levels/Test/ for examples of simplified actions. All existing assets in the game can be used in workshop levels, as well as the ability to package in your own as long as they are in the same working directory as your mod.

Since our primary focus has been the release of the game, the editor has a fair amount of bugs left to fix, so we would definitely appreciate any and all bug reports to help us improve the editor and its usability. We hope to expand the wiki and create videos/streams of how to use the editor over the next few months as well.
Senast ändrad av Luthyr; 26 jan, 2014 @ 7:57
< >
Visar 1-15 av 30 kommentarer
Toad 31 jan, 2014 @ 3:38 
Can I create a level and play it with another character? I like the game and I would like to make a level, but I want to play as character thats movement isnt based on physics. Is it possible?
Senast ändrad av Toad; 31 jan, 2014 @ 3:38
cold man 31 jan, 2014 @ 5:24 
How can i create files that would work as material/textures? I have an image (of sand) i'd like to use, but it gives me an error. Do i have to give it a certain resolution to work or something?
Innovacious 31 jan, 2014 @ 6:26 
Is there a problem with the workshop right now? Can still only see those 6 things that have been there since release. I tried to publish a silly litte modifed level I made to see whats going on and I can see it but other people just get an error if I give them the URL.
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 31 jan, 2014 @ 6:48 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Tasty Toasted Toad:
Can I create a level and play it with another character? I like the game and I would like to make a level, but I want to play as character thats movement isnt based on physics. Is it possible?

We are going to look into adding trigger logic for general input that is not tied to Octodad, so it may be possible after that.
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 31 jan, 2014 @ 6:49 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Floyd:
How can i create files that would work as material/textures? I have an image (of sand) i'd like to use, but it gives me an error. Do i have to give it a certain resolution to work or something?

Make sure your level and files are in the Content/Workshop/YOURMOD/ folder or deeper. Otherwise, texture formats for JPG, PNG, DDS, and others should work.
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 31 jan, 2014 @ 6:50 
Ursprungligen skrivet av innovacious:
Is there a problem with the workshop right now? Can still only see those 6 things that have been there since release. I tried to publish a silly litte modifed level I made to see whats going on and I can see it but other people just get an error if I give them the URL.

I am seeing a couple of other mods already posted. Is the visibility set to public? It should be by default, but it may have accidentally changed.
Toad 31 jan, 2014 @ 10:10 
I've downloaded a map with no gravity made by developer and after playing it I have no gravity in freeplay. What do?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222882234
Senast ändrad av Toad; 31 jan, 2014 @ 10:11
Innovacious 31 jan, 2014 @ 10:21 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Tasty Toasted Toad:
I've downloaded a map with no gravity made by developer and after playing it I have no gravity in freeplay. What do?

Hmmm, seems to be happening with my custom version of the house too. I saved it as a new file obviously, but some of the changes have carried on into the original. Not all the changes though.

edit: For more clarification, in the modified file I removed a door, removed invisible walls, added a box and modified the default draw distance. When playing the normal map in freeplay, the door is still gone although all of the other things are back to normal.
Senast ändrad av Innovacious; 31 jan, 2014 @ 10:25
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 31 jan, 2014 @ 15:04 
We are looking into this issue, but it seems to have to do with mods where the level name matches an existing level. You should be able to restart the game and be fine.
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 10 31 jan, 2014 @ 21:15 
It's a two-step process:

In level info, change "usedefaultgravity" to false, then set gravity to 0.

In addition, you will also need a TriggerObject with condition 'immediately" and a child TriggerEventObject that is set to perform event "Octodad Limp" with limp value 0. Without this, the force normally keeping octodad upright will pull him to the ceiling.
Mice 1 31 jan, 2014 @ 21:16 
Thanks! Sorry, I had deleted my question once I thought I had figured it out. I was missing the TriggerObject.
Senast ändrad av Mice; 31 jan, 2014 @ 21:17
Mice 1 31 jan, 2014 @ 21:34 
Got it! Thanks again Luthyr! Submitted! Exclimation point!
Crish 2 feb, 2014 @ 1:53 
?
Crish 2 feb, 2014 @ 1:53 
?
Can someone make a tutorial please ?
I'm totaly dump when i use the editor :rcry:
Senast ändrad av Lombric Ensuqué; 3 feb, 2014 @ 10:45
< >
Visar 1-15 av 30 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50