The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Mima Jun 25 @ 2:49pm
Help with modelling?
I've been working on a model, and I literally can not get it to work at all. I've created the obj. then I import it into Niffskope. It gives me an index error for obj 12 usually, but I can still see the texture. If i save it as a nif. and import in creation kit, it's a red diamond with a question mark.

I apologize for asking, but I'm at wits end. I just want to make a model, I didn't expect it to be this difficult... If needed, I can supply the models and/or screen shots of whats wrong. I don't know if this is just a quick fix or if I need to do something specific.

I apologize once again if this is the wrong place or something. I really just want to make a cool sword.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Adura 1 Jun 25 @ 4:49pm 
Originally posted by MFW Charismillia:
If i save it as a nif. and import in creation kit, it's a red diamond with a question mark.

Save the CK, exit, restart it, and check again ^_^
Mima Jun 25 @ 5:12pm 
No dice... It still appears as the red diamond.
Mima Jun 25 @ 6:31pm 
Would you like me to upload my .nif files and stuff?
Cyrax 4 Jun 26 @ 2:42am 
Which program have you used to create the model?
I know that 3d max and probably blender have plugins that allow you to export as .nif.
Mima Jun 26 @ 12:46pm 
Blender. So I should look up a plugin to export as a .nif, right? Will it work then?
Cyrax 4 Jun 26 @ 12:54pm 
To a degree, it should.
I am sure there is at least one tutorial on how to get meshes from blender to work in skyrim.
Mima Jun 26 @ 1:07pm 
Thank you. I'll give it a shot and report back as to how it works.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 25 @ 2:49pm