The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find de bedste mods til dit spil
At finde og installere dine favorit-mods er nemmere end nogensinde før. Folk der laver mods nyder også en forenklet process til upload af mods direkte til Steam. Klik her for at lære hvordan.
Simple Jack 22. juni 2014 kl. 0:31
About Skyrim unofficial patches (including dlcs & high resolution pack)?
Hello players,

I love Skyrim, I had an xbox 360 version back in the day. Its been quiet a while since I played it. This time bought the pc version (and all dlcs) and its fantastic! Doing some research, I find about these new "skyrim unofficial patches (dlcs, high resolution pack). After seeing the long unofficial patch notes, I'm really lazy to start a new campaign now without it lol.

So in order to get all of these, should I need ANY other third party softwares (nexus mod manager/new account)?

Thanks!
Sidst redigeret af Simple Jack; 22. juni 2014 kl. 2:30
< >
Viser 1-6 af 6 kommentarer
gnewna 22. juni 2014 kl. 1:40 
You will need a Nexus account (it's free, the sign-up page does try to look as though you have to pay to join, but there's a free option somewhere on there), you won't *need* Nexus Mod Manager (you can just download manually and extract with your preferred unzipping utility - I recommend .7z which is free and works very well) but it does make life a lot easier to use it, particularly if you get into other Nexus mods (which you probably will once you start looking around the site, there's a ton of cool stuff).

I'd suggest looking for Gopher's Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim series on YouTube, and his more recent vids on Load Order/LOOT, it's a bit of a time investment as the videos are longish, but if you plan to use mods in your game, it will help you to avoid a lot of the common issues people get into (provided you follow his advice, of course.)
Forthe's Fifth 22. juni 2014 kl. 14:03 
You may have to install BOSS as well. The unofficial patches need to be correct in the load order. If the game refuses to load start there.
gnewna 23. juni 2014 kl. 0:39 
Oprindeligt skrevet af cloud2sephiroth12:
You may have to install BOSS as well. The unofficial patches need to be correct in the load order. If the game refuses to load start there.

BOSS is very useful, but if you only have the patches, you can put them in the correct order manually in NMM (on the Plugins tab, just drag them) and I think also in the Skyrim Launcher's Data Files (only needs to be done in one, it's just so long since I've been using NMM that I don't really remember if you can do it in the Data Files, pretty sure you can, though.)

The correct load order *is* important for the patches, though, you're right - it can be found on the Unofficial Skyrim Patch's Nexus page.
Sidst redigeret af gnewna; 23. juni 2014 kl. 0:39
Simple Jack 23. juni 2014 kl. 18:00 
Thx for all of your suggestions! I was on a rampage during the past time:

- I made my nexus account

- Downloaded nexus mod manager

- Downloaded LOOT (I was going to download BOSS, but LOOT is latest version) and it corrected my existing steam mod load order. Started the game and working normally.

- Downloaded SKSE (also needed for "Sky UI" mod) After doing this from now on, I am starting skyrim thru SKSE, not the original skyrim launcher.

- Downloaded ALL Unofficial skyrim patches thru nexus mod manager and again corrected load order with LOOT (with Gopher's videos). I started the game and working normally.

- Downloaded TesEdit5 to clean my only "skyrim esm" & "update esm" and the "dlcs" as per Gopher's videos (very helpful tutorials) But I didn't clean regular mods yet.... I started the game and working normally.

I was very careful each step as I don't want mess anything. I started skyrim just to be sure after each steps. whew!!!

Here's my doubt about cleaning with TesEdit5. In order to clean any regular mod, in this case "birds.esp" from the steam mod. I should check "skyrim esm" and "update esm" and only check "bird.esp" and press OK?

Again thx for the helps!
Sidst redigeret af Simple Jack; 23. juni 2014 kl. 18:01
gnewna 24. juni 2014 kl. 10:28 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Kicr baby:
Thx for all of your suggestions! I was on a rampage during the past time:

- I made my nexus account

- Downloaded nexus mod manager

- Downloaded LOOT (I was going to download BOSS, but LOOT is latest version) and it corrected my existing steam mod load order. Started the game and working normally.

- Downloaded SKSE (also needed for "Sky UI" mod) After doing this from now on, I am starting skyrim thru SKSE, not the original skyrim launcher.

- Downloaded ALL Unofficial skyrim patches thru nexus mod manager and again corrected load order with LOOT (with Gopher's videos). I started the game and working normally.

- Downloaded TesEdit5 to clean my only "skyrim esm" & "update esm" and the "dlcs" as per Gopher's videos (very helpful tutorials) But I didn't clean regular mods yet.... I started the game and working normally.

I was very careful each step as I don't want mess anything. I started skyrim just to be sure after each steps. whew!!!

Here's my doubt about cleaning with TesEdit5. In order to clean any regular mod, in this case "birds.esp" from the steam mod. I should check "skyrim esm" and "update esm" and only check "bird.esp" and press OK?

Again thx for the helps!

I have never cleaned a mod file, only the official files (don't clean Skyrim.esm, if I remember rightly). This is because several mods actually leave the dirty edits in on purpose and won't work correctly without them, and although I am always careful to read all the documentation etc, I worry that if I clean a file that doesn't explicitly say whether it's safe to do so or not, it will turn out that I should have left it alone. So far, this hasn't caused any problems that I'm aware of, so I'm inclined to stick with just cleaning the official files.

(That said, yes, that is what you would need to select in order to clean that particular file, I believe. Same process as for the DLCs.)
Sidst redigeret af gnewna; 24. juni 2014 kl. 10:28
Simple Jack 25. juni 2014 kl. 23:25 
Sry, mistake on my part. I didn't cleaned "skyrim esm". Since 'skyrim esm' was checked during cleaning process of 'update esm' and other 'dlcs', I misunderstood that for a moment :)

Oprindeligt skrevet af gnewna:
(That said, yes, that is what you would need to select in order to clean that particular file, I believe. Same process as for the DLCs.)

Yea I think I don't need to clean regular mods since most of them are already cleaned by modders. And I also found the clean version of "Birds and flocks" mod from nexus, anyway. Current dirty mod was from steam, so now that fine for me. But If anything dirty mods come i'll do that maybe.

I had a performance question but I'll probably start another thread later since my OP is answered! Thx
Sidst redigeret af Simple Jack; 25. juni 2014 kl. 23:26
< >
Viser 1-6 af 6 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 22. juni 2014 kl. 0:31