Steam Greenlight
Choix langages / language choice
Bonjour a tous,
Ce concept de permettre aux joueurs et aux développeurs de voter pour les futures jeux, ou de proposer leurs jeux et une vrai bonne idée, et je félicite Steam pour cette riche idée.
Mais il reste une chose assez étonnante dans les choix de ces jeux la. En effet, nous pouvons classifier ces jeux par des options de genre, plateformes ou joueurs. Ce qui es très bien pour le choix. Mais il en manque un fondamental à mon sens… Le « langage ».
Moi comme beaucoup d’autres joueurs ne parlons que notre langue, et très peux d’autres langues. Achetez un jeu en japonais par exemple, ne m’intéresse pas, même si sont contenue pourrais être extrêmement bien. Beaucoup sont n anglais, et même si je traduis ce texte en anglais, il est traduit avec un traducteur, je n’aime pas jouer et utiliser un traducteur à chaque mot qui ne serait pas dans ma langue.
Qu’en pensez vous ?

Hello everyone,
This concept to allow players and developers to vote for future games, or to offer their games and a real good idea, and I congratulate Steam for this brilliant idea.
But there is a pretty amazing thing in the choice of these games. Indeed, we can classify these games by genre options, platforms or players. Which are very good for choice. But it misses a fundamental in my opinion ... The "language".
I like many other players do not speak our language, and most other languages can. Buy a game in Japanese, for example, does not interest me, even if are contained could be extremely good. Many n English, and even if I translate this text in English, it is translated with a translator, I do not like to play and use a translator to every word that is not in my language.
What do you think?
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 20
Цитата допису P-P ArnaudPika FR:
What do you think?
Many developers make a point of explaining their hopes to translate their games into other languages but don't list them in the tags. Some will even consider it when asked/shown there is interest.

While I can understand where you're coming from, I'm not sure it'd be completely in your interest to be able to do this and you might miss some gems that could be available in your native language.
Автор останньої редакції: Skoardy; 20 черв. 2014 о 5:54
These days it's becoming common for developers to allow the community to do the translations themselves, and there's usually a couple of bilingual fans eager to do so. Check the forums for the game to see if there's a mod or something available that translates the game to your language.
AusSkiller: Vous n'avez pas compris. Je ne parle pas de traduction du jeu, je parle d'avoir un jeu dans ma langue... pas une traduction faite sur un forum. Si un jeu et en chinois, allez vous l'acheter si sur un forum il y a une traduction?
So you just want an option for sorting your list to show only the 3 games in French?
Автор останньої редакції: C0untzer0; 20 черв. 2014 о 8:31
Or are you asking more people to ignore over 90% of the market and spend their money on courting a group that make up a smaller percentage of the market than left-handed redheads?
yes, I just want an option to sort the list to show only those games in French.
Have you tried contacting tech support? Sometimes they act on that sort of thing.
Avez-vous un billet avec les helldesk monkeys singes de desque infernal? Departement technical?
Автор останньої редакції: C0untzer0; 20 черв. 2014 о 11:58
No, I already thought seek the advice here ...
The only advice you can get here is: Contact Valve and ask them if they can do it. They really do that sort of thing sometimes. This forum has no real power to achieve anything in the actual nuts and bolts of the system, although numerous points of discussion have made it into the site.
FWIW, your idea seems very useful and not too demanding, as you'll just be adding a dropbox to list search by an already included variable, so it's literally a half-hour job (on paper) but right now folks are waaaaaay busy with the summer event.
If you want an indie developer view, here is mine :
When you put a game or a concept on steam greenlight, you don't know yet in which language the game will be available for. So, by sorting the greenlight list by language you risk to not see some nice game that may be released in your language later. As a developer, I want feedback from anybody. If somebody want the game in his native language I hope he will tell me in a comment or message. I can plan or think about the translation like that.
I'm planning to release my game in both english and french because most people speak english and I can't omit this, and fortunately I speak french so I can translate it myself. For other languages, I plan to use some tools like crowdin[crowdin.net] and give some reward for everybody when a language is translated and validated.
Regarding the language sort list feature you are asking, I think Steam should add it anyway.
Автор останньої редакції: loudo; 22 черв. 2014 о 13:11
Цитата допису loudo:
So, by sorting the greenlight list by language you risk to not see some nice game that may be released in your language later.
Possibly later, but not when he's looking. Which means looking through a bunch of pages he has literally no interest in, ie the status quo.
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 20
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 20 черв. 2014 о 4:55
Дописів: 20