Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Подробнее
Mapping - Hammer or Ingame?
Hi.
Which should I use to make maps for Portal 2?
The Authoring tools or the ingame editor?
The ingame editor looks cool but it lacks the 'push' doors, lifts
and other features, but then I am also new to it.

I'd like to make some good maps for Portal 2 so which editor is best?
< >
Сообщения 110 из 10
you can always use the ingame editor for the main layout then port the map in to hammer and add the small details are features that are not in the ingame editor.
ok thanks, I didn't want to be the only one using it. So the ingame editor looks useful in that it saves having to draw 'normal' walls, and hammer editor can be used for things not used in the ingame editor, right?
Автор сообщения: Guitarman
ok thanks, I didn't want to be the only one using it. So the ingame editor looks useful in that it saves having to draw 'normal' walls, and hammer editor can be used for things not used in the ingame editor, right?
yeah but its better if you know how to use the authoring tools to just use them
If you're intending to make such levels I'd recommend just using Hammer. The PTI-generated maps are made really badly from the perspective of a Hammer map (but work well for machine generation). If you just want to make some clean-style tests, PTI could be sufficent.
thanks guys. You've all been very helpful
Got another problem - in Hammer, I try and add prop_rotatingdoor, and when I browse for worldmodel, the editor locks up and 'stops working'. How do I fix this?
Got another problem - in Hammer, I try and add prop_rotatingdoor, and when I browse for worldmodel, the editor locks up and 'stops working'. How do I fix this?
Some people have been having problems since the update the other day. Somebody over on thinkingwithportals figured out a workaround. Check out this thread: http://forums.thinkingwithportals.com/mapping-help/problems-after-17-06-14-update-t9917.html
There aren't any prop rotating doors in Portal 2 anyways. You need to use a prop dynamic with the door model, and use a func_button or something to make it open.
< >
Сообщения 110 из 10
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 18 июн. 2014 г. в 10:26