Steam Greenlight
Greenlight: Projected Price points.
When you are looking through these games saying yes i would buy this i feel like that is not completly honest. There are a bunch of games that have been greenlit where once i saw the pricepoint I laughed.

Even if they gave a range i think there are a lot more i would thumb up. Imagine that the game your looking at is kind of cheesy but hey youd spend 5$ on it because it has to at a minimum be as entertaining as 1/2 a movie..

Anyhow projected price point, why is this idea awful?
< >
Visar 1-15 av 35 kommentarer
Gorlom[Swe] 16 jun, 2014 @ 18:47 
because of reasons.

btw please do not use the term "thumb up". This is not facebook or youtube.
You're answering a question with either a Yes or a Not Interested.
There are no upvotes or downvotes.
Skoardy 16 jun, 2014 @ 18:49 
Feel free to ask the devs if that's something that would change your mind but devs shouldn't feel obliged to guess well before they've got a proper handle on things what they may eventually charge for their game. This is the internet. Even speculation by a dev would be taken as a rock solid promise.
wilco64256 17 jun, 2014 @ 6:43 
The question isn't "Would you buy this at x price?" It's just "Would you buy this?" The launch price is generally irrelevant, as pretty much everything on Steam goes on sale eventually. I've wanted the new Thief for my PC but didn't want to pay full price for it, and just picked it up this weekend when it was on sale for 15 bucks. Nobody's asking if you'll pay full price or buy a game the second it launches, just whether it's something you'd be willing to pay for at "some" price.
Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 7:57 
@ Gorlorm : It is literally a picture of an upward pointing thumb or just words. Because you consider this place special over other places that use the thumb methodology this sounds like your issue not mine. I will use any words within my facualty with or with out your approval.

@ Skoardy, thank you for telling me how to have a conversation. Is the speculation in the conversation somehow diferent then if they were to post a range?

@ Wilco Fair point and I appriciate the majority of your well thought out non strawman, response. Although.. " irrelevent " is a bit heavy handed and wrong though.
Gorlom[Swe] 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:15 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Wuss^Timmy:
@ Gorlorm : It is literally a picture of an upward pointing thumb or just words. Because you consider this place special over other places that use the thumb methodology this sounds like your issue not mine. I will use any words within my facualty with or with out your approval.
You are free to do so. That is why I said please. :D
However a lot of people misuse Greenlight because they do not fully understand how it works. :(
No "votes" (answers) don't count against the yes "votes" (answers). In a perfect world you're only supposed to click the yes button if you have any intention to buy the game, not if you think others would like the game. etc etc.

You would be surprised how many people get this wrong. :( Avoiding certain terminology helps avoiding further confusion. :D

@ Skoardy, thank you for telling me how to have a conversation. Is the speculation in the conversation somehow diferent then if they were to post a range?
You're assuming everyone is as sensible as you. There are unfortunately a lot of people that as Skoardy says misinterperates speculation for promise and gets upset later on.

Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:26 
I think, "because people are retizzled" is not a valid reason for not having a conversation or an additional piece of information. Additionally Skoardys methodology wants it both ways, if the conversation with the Dev yeilds a price point than that isnt a solid promise but it becomes one if somehow it was available in the core information about the game.

I missed your " please ", and likely had i given in aknowledgement I would have used less abrassive wording but would have held the same position. So I appologize-ish. :)
Senast ändrad av Wuss^Timmy; 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:27
Skoardy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:27 
Sorry, I somehow got it into my head you were asking Steam to waste their time implementing a feature that you could easily solve yourself right now and simply didn't realise. On the off-chance you didn't, I thought it best to explain it.
Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:29 
Strawman: It is somehow eaier for me to ask every developer thier price point to make my determination. Then it is to write 3 more lines of code on what is essentially a BBS Forum.
Skoardy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:33 
I didn't realise you were going to buy every game on Greenlight. My mistake. You didn't really explain how you thought this feature was going to work.
Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:35 
Reductio ad absurdum, if you dont want to have a valid and real conversation just go away.
Skoardy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:41 
I'm happy to have a real conversation - but you seem to be having too much fun playing your smarmy pin-the-label-on-the-poster game.

"Is the speculation in the conversation somehow diferent then if they were to post a range?" - Is a considered answer given with qualifiers by choice on request somehow different from devs being obliged to include a price range up the second they start their Greenlight, with the added pressure that it's both expected and a very visible affector for people's choices. Yes. But I would have thought that'd have been obvious.
wilco64256 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:43 
Er, the launch price of the game is absolutely irrelevant. Nobody is asking you if you're going to buy the game the second it launches, just if you're going to buy it in general. If you would pay a dollar for something, then yes you would buy it. Even if it launches at fifty times that, if you're willing to pay that dollar someday when it's on sale for that price then you would still buy that game. The launch price couldn't possibly be any less relevant, unless you're incapable of restraining yourself from buying a game the instant it's possible to do so.
Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:43 
How about an option instead of an obligation, so i can know in my perview who the more serious devlopers are.
Wuss^Timmy 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:44 
Ill buy nearly 100% of all games for a dollar.
wilco64256 17 jun, 2014 @ 8:45 
Ill buy nearly 100% of all games for a dollar.

Then you have too much time and money on your hands, and too little sense. That's not Valve's problem.
< >
Visar 1-15 av 35 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 16 jun, 2014 @ 18:23