Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
[linux] sophia hapgood Jun 16 @ 11:03am
Good low-res maps?
Just started out trying Portal 2 beta on a bad laptop, net_graph says I'm getting 10 fps in the main maps, although it feels like fewer. Are there any good low-res maps on the workshop that are less graphics-intensive than the standard maps?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
why are you even trying to play on a laptop?
[linux] sophia hapgood Jun 16 @ 11:12am 
Originally posted by (¢λλ) The Soviet KV-1 Tank:

1. have laptop
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 16 @ 11:14am 
Lol I play on a laptop also
Originally posted by sophia:

1. have laptop

........anyway to awnser your question if your getting 10 fps or less i think you would only be able to play in a box room thats not tall or wide
[linux] sophia hapgood Jun 16 @ 11:19am 
Well, when starting out the main story I think the plants and animations were the fps killers. Maybe some community maps have fewer elements in them? No idea.

Originally posted by ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE:

You have a bunch of maps, would any of them be worth a try?
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 16 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by sophia:
Well, when starting out the main story I think the plants and animations were the fps killers. Maybe some community maps have fewer elements in them? No idea.

Originally posted by ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE:

You have a bunch of maps, would any of them be worth a try?
if you want I guess not all of them have that high res
Benders Jun 16 @ 1:10pm 
The question is.Why you would even try on a old laptop (or with intel grapichs)?Max that you'll get is around 30FPS in completely empty map.
Skyferret 109 Jun 16 @ 6:42pm 
I think that even if a map is optimized, and the cheapest textures were used, your old lappy might still lag. All it takes is to run into some particles or projected texture lighting (quite expensive). What I'd like to know, did you already try turning shader detail down to medium, and dummy a few other things down like anti-aliasing?
9-Spades Jun 17 @ 3:20pm 
Save up your money and get a better laptop or maybe a PC.
Konke 2 Jun 20 @ 4:23am 
I just released a test chamber which I believe is quite easy on the hardware. No projected textures which should boost your fps.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=273190489
Lannar [UA] Jun 20 @ 4:30am 
-
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50