The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Gnawl Jun 16, 2014 @ 10:22am
I searched a bit, I'm looking for a tutorial on how to add a useable 3D sword to the game, without replacing an existing one.
I've got some 3D modeled swords I've made and I need a tutorial that shows me how to add one to the game without just replacing some sword that is already in the game! This is the only tutorial I've been able to find and its from like 2012, but I know somehow people are adding whole sets of swords to the game without replacing any of the old ones, if anyone can show me one Id be super greatful!

Thanks for your time.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Gnawl Jun 16, 2014 @ 5:05pm 
The page you just linked me has the same guy showing how to replace an iron sword in game with a sword model he created... the one I already explained I didnt need that was from 2012, its not actually a whole new item, I don't wish to lose any iron weapons in the game, I want to add a whole new weapon to the game, people have done it and I can't find anyone anywhere explaining how. Unless one of those videos is what I need to use to accomplish the task can you tell me which one exactly? I'm afraid no one actually reads and acknowledges my predicament, they assume they know what I'm talking about after a glimpse and send me a link, I've been wanting to find out how to accomplish this for a while now.
Adura 1 Jun 16, 2014 @ 5:28pm 
@Gnawl:

Duplicate the sword in the object window. Change the stats. Give it the new model & texture.

Then drop it in the game world.

That's all.
Last edited by Adura; Jun 16, 2014 @ 5:29pm
Gnawl Jun 16, 2014 @ 6:33pm 
Thank you both for your time!
Adura 1 Jun 16, 2014 @ 6:53pm 
Originally posted by Gnawl:
Thank you both for your time!
did you get it to work?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50