Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 1:45pm
Source SDK 2007
I happen to be a Mac user who wants to partake in the use of Hammer World Editor. The problem is Source SDK is currently unavalible for OS X. I was wondering what the purpose of Source SDK was, and more importantly, if it contained another version of Hammer to be used as an aliabe substitiute.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
source sdk base is basicly the same as source sdk 2013 just older
and it was only meant for windows at the time

so do us a favor and get a windows
Last edited by (Mob)☣The Insane Doctor☣(¢λλ); Jun 15 @ 1:55pm
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by (¢λλ) The Soviet KV-1 Tank:

So would it serve as an aliable substitiute for the moment until I get a windows?
Originally posted by WeepingAngelLord:

So would it serve as an aliable substitiute for the moment until I get a windows?

yeah it would 2013 is better then 2007 anyway only difference i can tell you is that it just changes the fire effects i think
Last edited by (Mob)☣The Insane Doctor☣(¢λλ); Jun 15 @ 2:02pm
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:07pm 

yeah it would 2013 is better then 2007 anyway only difference i can tell you is that it just changes the fire effects i think

Thx for your help. I will take the time to use Source SDK 2007 until I gain posession of a gaming PC/ Windows (which won't be long considering how cheap yet good quality their products are, plus I can always customize/ upgrade it in the future. *cough* *cough* graphics card *cough* *cough*)
Last edited by WeepingAngelLord; Jun 15 @ 2:07pm

Thx for your help. I will take the time to use Source SDK 2007 until I gain posession of a gaming PC/ Windows (which won't be long considering how cheap yet good quality their products are, plus I can always customize/ upgrade it in the future. *cough* *cough* graphics card *cough* *cough*)

yeah :P i was a mac user before then i realised i couldn't change much of it to fit my gaming needs so i just said ♥♥♥♥ this and got a pc
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:10pm 

yeah :P i was a mac user before then i realised i couldn't change much of it to fit my gaming needs so i just said ♥♥♥♥ this and got a pc

Im completely biased on whatever computer I use as they both have there advantages/ Disadvantages. for example, Mac is very good for graphic and work related purposes whereas PC is great for gaming and general software.
Last edited by WeepingAngelLord; Jun 15 @ 2:10pm

Im completely biased on whatever computer I use as they both have there advantages/ Disadvantages. for example, mac is very good for graphic and work relatd purposes whereas PC is great for gaming and general software.

same i still use the mac for when i travel
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:14pm 

Im glad you agree with me. I just hope this disscussion does'nt turn into a Mac vs PC fan-argument. if it does, God knows what stupid and irrational comments would flood the steam community.
Last edited by WeepingAngelLord; Jun 15 @ 2:15pm
same i still use the mac for when i travel

Im glad you agree with me. I just hope this disscussion does'nt turn into a Mac vs PC fan-argument. if it does, God knows what stupid and irrational comments would flood the steam community.

i agree with most things anyway :P i just go with the flow
Last edited by (Mob)☣The Insane Doctor☣(¢λλ); Jun 15 @ 2:15pm
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:16pm 
the quotes got screwed up. lol

the quotes got screwed up. lol

lol
best of luck to you with what ever your doing
also if i was you i wouldn't go telling everyone you use a mac on here
alot of flame wars start that way
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:23pm 

Ill remove the discussion soon, but it still fun to see some of the Idiotic comments left behind by the ten year old fanboys of the internet.

Ill remove the discussion soon, but it still fun to see some of the Idiotic comments left behind by the ten year old fanboys of the internet.

"O MY GOD U USE MAC U SHOLD USE WINDOW IT MOCH BETER!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!111!!!!1 ♥♥♥"
WeepingAngelLord 1 Jun 15 @ 2:27pm 

"O MY GOD U USE MAC U SHOLD USE WINDOW IT MOCH BETER!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!111!!!!1 ♥♥♥"

lol
P.S. my goal is to get into more advanced map building in games like portal 2

Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50