Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Vladimir Pootis 3 Jun 14, 2014 @ 8:08am
Special Chamber Mechanics
As i've been playing popular portal chambers like Cosmology, Desinged for Danger, and Gelocity, there have been special mechanics that I can not find in the creator. Mechanics like talking cores, cores in general, special GladOS lines, text in a GUI, and a lot more things i can not find. Can sombody please tel me how to make something like this or what program these creators use? That wouls be great.

~ahalpin02
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
KyloX 8 Jun 14, 2014 @ 9:52am 
Hammer my friend, hammer. The original SDK that provides everything what game has to offer. Some add custom material to their maps like models, textures and sounds to make it more awesome.

But be warned, hammer is not something that can be learned in few days, oh no, it takes weeks, months or even longer to master. But when you make something awesome, you feel awesome, not like PeTI...

Good luck if you gona step a foot into the land of.... Portal 2 authoring tools.
Vladimir Pootis 3 Jun 14, 2014 @ 12:27pm 
Thanks, I think I'll try it out. Could you send me a link to a download or Hammer's website?
Last edited by Vladimir Pootis; Jun 14, 2014 @ 12:27pm
KyloX 8 Jun 14, 2014 @ 12:36pm 
In steam: Library > Tools > Portal 2 authoring tools (install)

Recommendation: look up some tutorials in youtube, cause it can look difficult at first glimpse, as well there is a lot of basics to know.
One of the best tutorials here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiKV_fEUKDc2IxTvTTQLegw

Good luck
Vladimir Pootis 3 Jun 14, 2014 @ 1:04pm 
It says it is not available.
Last edited by Vladimir Pootis; Jun 14, 2014 @ 1:11pm
KyloX 8 Jun 14, 2014 @ 1:39pm 
A) You are probably looking at Portal (1) authoring tools, not Portal 2
B) You just can't find it
C) You don't have Portal 2 installed
D) There is actuall problem with your steam (which is hardly possible)
E) Look at A
Z) Gaben is behind this
Vladimir Pootis 3 Jun 16, 2014 @ 12:13pm 
Its actully none of those. (Except maybe Z) I found out you have to have a windows computer. I have a mac. Damn Gaben. Fanks Anyway.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 14, 2014 @ 8:08am