Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Læs mere
Cant Publish Chamber
Whenever i try to publish my chambers i keep getting error 24. Can anyone help me with this plz?
< >
Viser 1-15 af 15 kommentarer
SilentHorizon 18 7. juni 2014 kl. 20:30 
did you verify the game cache?
i dont think i did, whatever that is
RGB Productions 13. juni 2014 kl. 11:02 
Im sorry.
Skyferret 179 14. juni 2014 kl. 22:11 
Bit of a late reply, so I don't know if you've resolved the issue yet.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\bin\p2map_publish.exe"
That might do it. The reason I suggest this is because someone recently requested one of my co-op maps. I deleted them from the workshop a while ago to make room on the Steam Cloud. I decided to re-publish, but the PTI was being stupid and kept giving Error. The p2map_publish worked and I was able to publish. Run the map and use the console to find the line that says something like portal 2/sdk_content/maps/ <10 digit number>

Btw, I'm not too sure if you have to install Hammer to have that program or not.
papercliphoarder66 3 15. juni 2014 kl. 4:32 
1. i still havent resolved the issue 2.is that a command or do i run it outside portal 2?
Skyferret 179 15. juni 2014 kl. 8:32 
You do not have type any command line in the console. And yes, p2map_publish.exe runs outside of Portal 2. The game does not even have to be running to use it. First, check to see if you have p2map_publish.exe in the file pathway I mentioned. I'm still not sure if that program was actually there before I installed Portal 2 Authoring Tools (Hammer Editor). If you do not see p2map_publish in the file pathway, you could try downloading Portal 2 Authoring Tools - Beta which is located on your Steam Page under Library> Tools. This means you will also install the Hammer Editor. It doesn't take up a lot of space, but your curiosity to it might lead you to getting into Hammer editing. LOL. Basically it works like this. If I'm not using the PTI editor, and I'm mapping with Hammer, then how do I publish to the Workshop? I would use p2map_publish.exe.

I mentioned the console earlier because what you build in PTI is stored as a 10 digit number, and not the title you used. Once you're satisfied your map is finished (in PTI), play it and bring up the console while the game is running. Look through all the info, and look for something like .......sdk_content/maps/<10 digit number>. Write that number down. Exit Portal 2, then run p2map_publish.exe. This tool is very easy and intuitive to use. You click on "Add" then go find the map with that 10 digit number. Once Title and Description is done, click on Publish.

I guess Vale's last update made the PTI publish go stupid. "Nice going valve." So I hopes this helps.
papercliphoarder66 3 17. juni 2014 kl. 15:12 
Ermahagerd thanks bro!
Skyferret 179 17. juni 2014 kl. 15:42 
you're quite welcome.
papercliphoarder66 3 22. juni 2014 kl. 3:16 
ive tried a bit earlier, but when i look in Steam, all i see is SteamServices, plz help
Skyferret 179 22. juni 2014 kl. 3:51 
Are you trying to find "Portal 2 Authoring Tools - Beta"?
papercliphoarder66 3 22. juni 2014 kl. 3:59 
no, i was trying to find p2map_publish.exe
Skyferret 179 22. juni 2014 kl. 4:16 
Mine is located in the file pathway I previously mentioned. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\bin\p2map_publish.exe"

Your Steam folder should have more than just that. You could try doing a search from Program Files (x86)
papercliphoarder66 3 22. juni 2014 kl. 4:40 
ok
RGB Productions 26. juni 2014 kl. 18:58 
brenap13 and Skyferret, it looks like you are in a conversation. and Skyferret, i did that and it worked
papercliphoarder66 3 27. juni 2014 kl. 3:25 
well, that was nice to add to our conversation (rolls eyes)
< >
Viser 1-15 af 15 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 7. juni 2014 kl. 4:34