Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
I feel left out now...
You might or not know me. but im the person who created the Portal 3 series you used to see on the front-page, and now, its nearly dead.
I want to give the push into hammer, but heres a problem
I tried following tutorials, guides, almost everything, and I suck badly. Hammer is too complex.
You might know the creator of the Subject X series and he got the push into hammer. I'm starting to feel left out and I desperatly need someone to make the hammer tests for me.
Please. For Portal 3. Please.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
took me a minute before realiseing you meant the workshop levels
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 6 @ 7:39am 
I would help you out but I have a list of things that I must work on already
GamerXD54 62 Jun 6 @ 11:51am 
Originally posted by =POTATOS= PotatOS1Gaming:
You might or not know me. but im the person who created the Portal 3 series you used to see on the front-page, and now, its nearly dead.
I want to give the push into hammer, but heres a problem
I tried following tutorials, guides, almost everything, and I suck badly. Hammer is too complex.
You might know the creator of the Subject X series and he got the push into hammer. I'm starting to feel left out and I desperatly need someone to make the hammer tests for me.
Please. For Portal 3. Please.
:p2turret:

Oh man, now this makes me feel bad, My Subject X series got more popualar because of how creative I got, probably how organised it was as well, and there were times when my maps didn't get on the front page either... I'd recommend staying away from the objects that don't work for people, esspectially that cavejohnson style you useed to use, I'd say make a new series, Maybe continue you subject P, but give it more options, Like a portal gun and a paint gun to use, like one part you use portals and the next you use paint... Or make puzzles that make that paintgun stand out, In my act 1 training maps, ive done things that can be done with just beemod 2, like rotating faith plates for example... Ild recommend looking up a map series called "Apature Journey, by Shadow Chaos" His series has a very good idea, which if he makes his maps stand out more, he will be on that front page, Ild recommend playing all of my Subject X maps if you want ideas on chambers... I only wanted to make the push to hammer because I needed to make things look more destroyed,

I only know how to use the basics of hammer, like the block tool, music triggers, textures, and other basic things, I can't even figure out how to make a text box lol, but I don't use use hammer entirely.

The way I used to build a chamber was, Peti, then Beemod 2, then publish,

But now I do this, Peti, Beemod 2, Then Hammer (Just for extra touches) then I publish.

But i only use peti to make the testing elements for my map because i don't know how to create them in hammer yet, But I know I will soon...

Its is hard to get on that page and its even harder to STAY on the front page... You just gotta keep hanging on to that cliff, I've been telling my self that EVERYDAY, and it keeps me going...

Hammer can't be learned in a week naybe not even in a month for some people, It took me over 3 months for the basics of Hammer to click to me, but I tell you, once you know how to use the basics without using a tutorial, its almost like using the peti editor... It just becomes part of you... Hang In there...

Trust me, I know I have... And I still will...

(EDIT)

ALSO, Mr ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE up there (and many more people) are hosting a map contest, why don't you submit a very good chamber to the contest, that may boost your maps a bit... Even if you don't win... Still better than nothing...
Last edited by GamerXD54; Jun 6 @ 11:56am
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 6 @ 12:21pm 
For more info on the comp Gamer XD54 told you about visit this link http://steamcommunity.com/groups/portalrevolutiongroup/discussions/0/558754899153801372/
GamerXD54 62 Jun 6 @ 12:31pm 
I did post a link but then steam was like, no, you no post link lol...
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 6 @ 1:12pm 
Lol
I'm gonna try hammer for a second test im making, its just gonna be another test of putting in props like vines and vents.
ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE 101 Jun 6 @ 9:24pm 
ok cool, good luck :)
GamerXD54 62 Jun 6 @ 9:25pm 
The only advise I can give about hammer is that you gotta KEEP watching those tutorals, Its tough to learn but its such a sinch when it FINALLY clicks...
Last edited by GamerXD54; Jun 6 @ 9:25pm
[λG] Whiteowl 17 Jun 10 @ 2:32am 
Is this why we're not seeing a Portal 3 from Valve? ...........yet
Originally posted by ๖ۣۜGresh the Nightowl:
Is this why we're not seeing a Portal 3 from Valve? ...........yet
WHEN I CAN FINALLY MAKE WHEATLEY TESTS IT SHALL COME.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50