Steam Greenlight
xSythe 24. mai 2014 kl. 18.51
Valve To Kill Greenlight, Make Store Free-For-All
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-looking-to-discontinue-steam-greenlight-and-steam-os-may-have-exclusives/1100-6417155/

Thoughts? I doubt most Steam users are aware of this. Personally, as an indie developer with a game stuck in limbo on Greenlight, I'm pretty scared (a flawed voting system being better than none at all).
< >
Viser 115 av 31 kommentarer
Gorlom[Swe] 24. mai 2014 kl. 19.32 
Havent we known this for 2 years already or something?
That news post is from January. You have had your game in greenlight since 2012. shouldn't you be more uptodate with what gabe wants to do?
xSythe 24. mai 2014 kl. 20.40 
Opprinnelig skrevet av GorlomSwe:
That news post is from January. You have had your game in greenlight since 2012. shouldn't you be more uptodate with what gabe wants to do?

I have been. I posted this here because I assumed that most gamers weren't. Evidently you're well-informed. Congrats!
Gorlom[Swe] 24. mai 2014 kl. 23.54 
Opprinnelig skrevet av xSythe:
Opprinnelig skrevet av GorlomSwe:

I have been. I posted this here because I assumed that most gamers weren't. Evidently you're well-informed. Congrats!
most gamers don't come to the greenlight forum. You'd reach more people in the general steam discussions forum or some thing :p
Seraphita 25. mai 2014 kl. 0.26 
Greenlight is mainly for badge posters, spammers or the rare people actually posting something about Greenlight. As Gorlom says, the General Discussion is definitely where you want to go. Tons of people will see your thread there but not here. And yes, there are many threads about Greenlight there because many people discuss about it.
C0untzer0 25. mai 2014 kl. 0.54 
Are there as many threads as there have been here about this same topic? It seems that if the OP had searched, he would have found out that he's really not bringing anything new. Perhaps that's why his game is still on GL while games he considers less profitable for him deserving get through.
Seraphita 25. mai 2014 kl. 2.41 
I don't know how many threads are there but after searching the general discussions board, I got "Showing 1-10 of 1,435 entries" sooo... I think everything was said about it.
BadBreath 27. mai 2014 kl. 13.30 
Yes as I predicted this would happen. Steam is transformed into an appstore. Pretty soon there will be no voting (as I predicted) and it will be an open API free for all.
Skoardy 27. mai 2014 kl. 13.35 
Opprinnelig skrevet av chris1980:
Yes as I predicted this would happen.
Yes, as we have since established (the first time you tried to pass off your amazing seer-like attributes), you 'predicted it' about a year after Valve had already said it.
Magisking 24. juni 2014 kl. 17.23 
The system may be flawed, but it still is better than the Apple Store. Come on Gabe! Lesser of two evils!
WTFOMGames 26. juni 2014 kl. 17.34 
Will I get my money (100$) back if Greenlight die in terrible agony? )
KylarDog 26. juni 2014 kl. 19.26 
Opprinnelig skrevet av WTFOMGames:
Will I get my money (100$) back if Greenlight die in terrible agony? )
Probably not.
The Law ;) 2. juli 2014 kl. 13.51 
I love playing indie games & have bought & played some great games voted for in 'Greenlight'! I really, really hope that it carries on - it's brill that gamers can vote for unusual games. I think it's one of the things that makes 'Steam' really good - the community can get involved & I know gamers who regularly vote for 'Greenlight' games & it's great if / when u can buy them! Is this really true? Why stop such a good idea for both gamers and indie developers?
Sist redigert av The Law ;); 2. juli 2014 kl. 13.53
xSythe 2. juli 2014 kl. 13.52 
Opprinnelig skrevet av The Law ):
I love playing indie games & have bought & played some great games voted for in 'Greenlight'! I really, really hope that it carries on - it's brill that gamers' can vote for unusual games. I think it's one of the things that makes 'Steam' really good - the community can get involved & I know gamers who regularly vote for 'Greenlight' games & it's great if / when u can buy them! Is this really true? Why stop such a good idea for both gamers and indie developers?

*hugs* Keep being awesome!
Gorlom[Swe] 2. juli 2014 kl. 15.00 
Opprinnelig skrevet av The Law ):
I love playing indie games & have bought & played some great games voted for in 'Greenlight'! I really, really hope that it carries on - it's brill that gamers can vote for unusual games. I think it's one of the things that makes 'Steam' really good - the community can get involved & I know gamers who regularly vote for 'Greenlight' games & it's great if / when u can buy them! Is this really true? Why stop such a good idea for both gamers and indie developers?
They aren't stopping it they are changeing it to something else. Something that is supposed to be more inclusive than it is now.
The Law ;) 2. juli 2014 kl. 15.52 
Thx - that's good to hear. I hope they still allow some of the more unusual game dev ideas on there though even if they are still in the early stages of development.
< >
Viser 115 av 31 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 24. mai 2014 kl. 18.51