Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
mucusSTfriend 22 May 21 @ 11:49am
trolls downvoting hammer maps
It has been brought to my attention that maps created in Hammer get downvoted as soon as they are published. It is painfully obvious some of the front page mappers do it.
Post here if you think you are a victim. The sign is having maps get downvotes INSTANTLY. The haters are probably followers.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
PackSciences 19 May 21 @ 11:54am 
I agree but we can't do anything against them.
PackSciences 19 May 21 @ 11:54am 
I got some of my map downvoted so I deleted the map of the Workshop and posted it through Thinking with Portals
Just should do it
tuleby (CZ) 8 May 21 @ 12:00pm 
iAndy 8 May 21 @ 1:06pm 
I think a lot of people downvote a map if they can't finish it, and think it has a cheap or impossible solution. I've noticed if you include a walkthrough video with the map, they get fewer downvotes.
mucusSTfriend 22 May 21 @ 1:54pm 
No, that is not what I am talking about. I cannot complain about getting downvotes, every noob is entitled to their opinion.
I am talking about getting downvotes the moment a map is published. It is obvious those trolls do not even bother to play the chambers since they vote as soon as the map appears in Workshop.
PackSciences 19 May 21 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by mucusSTfriend:
No, that is not what I am talking about. I cannot complain about getting downvotes, every noob is entitled to their opinion.
I am talking about getting downvotes the moment a map is published. It is obvious those trolls do not even bother to play the chambers since they vote as soon as the map appears in Workshop.
He is right.
CHƦISƬMɅLIƬE 100 May 21 @ 3:11pm 
Originally posted by mucusSTfriend:
Yeah I am guessing that they might not even have portal 2 because you can rate in other games workshop items
PackSciences 19 May 21 @ 3:31pm 
Unfortunately, we can't do anything about that
SilentDecay 10 May 21 @ 7:37pm 
Haters gonna hate.
Prob just jealous they can't take the time to learn to make a super awesome cool test in Hammer. A good majority of the Hammer tests are like having free DLC for the game, almost like all the DLC for Fallout 3, Bethesda added several different areas to the game.

If the haters don't want to take the time to enjoy other players creations, and downvote them out of greed so their maps stay popular, their loss. They can stick to the lame limitations of PeTI.
tuleby (CZ) 8 May 21 @ 7:51pm 
Rating section custom visuals is destroyed. Last map with five stars is the Cosmogony. On the first page of the workshop no hammer map does not last longer than a few hours. Creating a good map in hammer is a lot a lot of work. Destroying it, then it is very easy. Very sad.
Last edited by tuleby (CZ); May 21 @ 8:04pm
Mr. Crowley 3 May 21 @ 11:37pm 
It could be 2 things: people or a bug in the system.

My friends hammer map ( The Shard v3, awsome map) had a bug in his workshop map, it was clearly seen. His map so much downvoted it didn't made any sense, plus there were more votes than visitors, how does that happen? He reported it to .... (don't remember, valve or someone responsible for looking after workshop) and the support actaully told it was a bug in the system.

Originally posted by tuleby (CZ):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262088041
In here it could be bug or total ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ people. You have 36 visitors, 10 subs, 30 votes.... that doesn't line up...

It could still be people and there is such people, but I don't think there is some much of such type of "insert bad word" that would do that. It is more scary actally that the first hammer maps gets more votes than those who that actally looks good.

Ateast my map is in good shape ( mostly stay on 10% downvote), probably due of the puzzle.
BEN 77 24 May 22 @ 12:18am 
I too removed the new map from a workshop. 20 down votes for one day, for easy map - this is ridiculous.
But seriously - it's not funny.
tuleby (CZ) 8 May 23 @ 6:11am 
Reply from Steam support

Message by Support Tech Sterling on Thu, 22nd May 2014 1:59 pm

Hello Petr,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
We will investigate this matter and take appropriate action.
tuleby (CZ) 8 May 23 @ 6:25am 
Is there anyone else who has had similar experiences. I do not believe that we are just a few. Do not be afraid to speak out. This is no longer fun, it needs to be resolved once and forever. Say "STOP !!!" for trolls, losers and haters. Your work deserves to be evaluated fairly.
Maximus Dexius Sep 1 @ 12:52am 
I dont want to hijack your thread guys but a hater is downvoting every single announcement I make on my group and its really sad because I do giveaways etc and I just dont get it, I am trying to please everyone but someone is hating what I am doing and yeah makes me sad, and your right what can be done about it!
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50