Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

Contribute to Counter-Strike!
Interested in making content for Counter-Strike? Show us what you can do. Explore our guides for creating weapons, stickers, maps and start submitting.
Saber mais
Roobles 1 11 jul. 2014 às 21:36
Personal Use of Custom Skins
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, but I've been searching through documentation and I can't find a straight answer. Is it possible to create and use custom weapon skins without making them publicly available?

Everything seems to work under the assumption that people want their skin to be published to the workshop and be eligible for incorporation into the game. With all of the legal, moral, political, and cosmetic limitations, censorship, and bureaucracy that comes with it. Is there a way to sidestep this process, and create a personal/private CS experience without all of the red tape? Like was always possible with prior versions of Counter-Strike?
Última alteração por Roobles; 12 jul. 2014 às 0:17
< >
A mostrar 1-5 de 5 comentários
Roobles 1 13 jul. 2014 às 10:16 
Bumping, since it has been two days.
IceTom 3 14 jul. 2014 às 1:29 
its not possible on VAC or sv_pure 1 servers to use custom skins. That made it virtually impossible to play online with custom skins.
Roobles 1 14 jul. 2014 às 15:50 
Thanks for the response; I really appreciate it. Custom skins are blocked by VAC? That certainly makes them quite... dead.

Which is quite sad, since such simple things as even "gold colored weapons" are banned on the workshop.
windowmaker 18 15 jul. 2014 às 7:13 
gold is over used and too easy to make =/ also, try hosting your own server without VAC and sv_pure 1, custom skins but hackers will probably be frequent.
Roobles 1 16 jul. 2014 às 22:36 
Huh. So, I was confused about the system. I thought it was possible to use custom weapon skins after they were added to the workshop, at least client-side.

So. The current system works as: invest 5-15 hours of your life into making a skin that you can never possibly use? That you will never see in a proper resolution, under real game lighting conditions? Never get to fire a single bullet from, even in an offline bot game? All so that Valve can exploit and profit off the top 0.005% of incredibly talented users that have already purchased their game?

That's. Wow. Quite the hustle that Valve is running. I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.
< >
A mostrar 1-5 de 5 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 11 jul. 2014 às 21:36
Comentários: 5