Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Custom sound pack issues
I've been working on a Chris Redfield (RE5) soundset to go with some other mods I've downloded. It's been a lot of work to convert and compile, but now that I've finally gotten it in-game, a lot of the lines have horrible, loud, squealing noises after they play and/or they get cut off.

I've already tried rebuilding the audio cache via the console, as well as checking the game cache on Steam. Nothing has worked so far. All the sounds are 352kbps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Knappy 65 Jul 3, 2014 @ 4:38pm 
Check your friends list. This sounds like a timestamp issue but can't be certain without looking at the files.
Chuck Wolfowski Jul 4, 2014 @ 7:08am 
I'll toss up a download link, since I won't actually be on Steam much for the next few days...

http://www.filedropper.com/chrissound

This is all the files (so far, anyway; I consider it something of a WIP, as I still have a few files to replace from a lower-quality soundpack that I downloaded, as well as more files to add, but I wanted to be sure I could get it working before I put even more work into it) in a .zip. Sorry for the lame download site. :P
Knappy 65 Jul 6, 2014 @ 8:47am 
You need to put these files in your left4dead2/sounds folder and snd_rebuildaudiocache

There are too many issues with this amount of sound files in a .vpk addon.
Chuck Wolfowski Jul 6, 2014 @ 12:54pm 
I figured something like that was the case. Ah well, at least now I know for sure.

Thanks again!
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 3, 2014 @ 7:57am