Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:15am
Shut down Greenlight and Early Access
-------------------- Thread is dead --------------------

for some reason my delete button is gone, so i cant close this thread
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i62.tinypic.com/jk7r0i.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please shut down both Greenlight and Early Access.!!

My steam store is flodded with bad quality and unfinished games, since those 2 were approved.

I really have had enough of those "daily deal early access games" where I get fooled into buying a game that seems playable, but really is not.

As a result of this, I cut down 80% of my shopping on steam.
I used to love Steam but now your rep. with me is as low as EA's.

Please end Greenlight and Early Access before it kills Steam.
Last edited by ESD|King of Kings; Jul 7 @ 4:35am
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Sera Jul 3 @ 11:21am 
LOL, spam thread much... Guess what, it's not YOUR store, it's everyone's. If you have enough of it, you know what...? Go elsewhere and yeah, don't come back. Do you go and cry at real game stores because they sell games you don't like? I really hope not...
C0untzer0 Jul 3 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by ESD|King of Kings:
As a result of this, I cut down 80% of my shopping on steam.
And yet they still pull in millions of dollars a month from early access titles alone, seems they still come out ahead somehow.

Please end Greenlight and Early Access before it kills Steam.
When over a million people buy a game in a month and seem quite happy with it, and another million buy it in the next month, it's hard to show it to be "killing" a business.
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:26am 
Originally posted by Sera:
LOL, spam thread much... Guess what, it's not YOUR store, it's everyone's. If you have enough of it, you know what...? Go elsewhere and yeah, don't come back. Do you go and cry at real game stores because they sell games you don't like? I really hope not...

Lol, did you just throw me out of Steam? (like it was your store?) It seems to me that you miss my point ( maybe you should lean to comprehend huh?)

When i say "my steam" i mean the one installed on my PC, that pops up an advert every day. And as you say "it's everyone's" so why dont you zip it and let me say what i think and feel? i really dont think its your job to decide what i can say and what i may not, If you dont like my thread, piss off. Simple as that."
Last edited by ESD|King of Kings; Jul 3 @ 11:29am
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:28am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
And yet they still pull in millions of dollars a month from early access titles alone, seems they still come out ahead somehow.

That is true, but for me the joy about the steam shop is vanishing, and i know more of my freinds are feeling the same as i do. At least they should give the option to filter out EA and GL games :)
Last edited by ESD|King of Kings; Jul 3 @ 11:28am
Pantheon Jul 3 @ 11:34am 
I really have had enough of those "daily deal early access games" where I get fooled into buying a game that seems playable, but really is not.
If you manage to get fooled into buying games clearly labeled as Early Access, it's no one's fault but your own.
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Pantheon:
If you manage to get fooled into buying games clearly labeled as Early Access, it's no one's fault but your own.

I know and i learned my lesson, but i still think its wrong to make "deal of the day" from early access games, it is like advertising for shoes with out lace's for ½ price in the papers.
Sera Jul 3 @ 11:39am 
Yeah because all early access games are bad, right? Don't be stupid, jeez... You're not important enough that Valve will suddenly stop selling early access games just because you cry about it in your thread. I bought some early access games myself and I'm very happy with the result.

You could always be smart and not look at them at all. Ignore them, look at other games, let people enjoy their things and go enjoy yours...
Pantheon Jul 3 @ 11:40am 
I don't see how it's wrong to offer a game, complete or not, for a cheaper price.
Every Early Access game is clearly labeled as such. It's not their fault if someone just blindly buys games.
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:42am 
I still think its wrong to do so on Steam, that is what we have websites like Kickstarter for.
wilco64256 Jul 3 @ 11:43am 
If you don't understand the concept of Early Access that's nobody's fault but yours. Every single game in that category is clearly labeled and described as being in development.
Pantheon Jul 3 @ 11:43am 
Kickstarter is for funding projects. Some of those projects haven't even been started, let alone have a playable version, while every Early Access games is, to some extend, playable.
Skoardy Jul 3 @ 11:47am 
Another "Steam, stop selling games I don't like!" thread. Good luck to you, they're super effective!
ESD|King of Kings Jul 3 @ 11:48am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Another "Steam, stop selling games I don't like!" thread. Good luck to you, they're super effective!
Nooo you too miss my point
Skoardy Jul 3 @ 11:50am 
You don't like GL or Early Access games and you want Steam to stop selling them. Where is your missed point in that?
Sera Jul 3 @ 11:51am 
@Pantheon, this is pretty much why many greenlight games have a kickstarter linked to them. Buying an early access game means (at some extent) helping fund the game because you like what it's about. If you blindly buy early access without knowing ♥♥♥♥ about it, it's like if you fund a game you don't even know anything about. Why even pay for it, then?

There are some early access games I played because they had playable modes, some other ones I don't play yet but still bought because the game looked great but was (for now) incomplete. OP should do his search before buying any early access game and if he never bought any, he should just ignore them because complaining about it won't do anything.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 3 @ 11:15am