Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Nothing will install.
None of my addons will install to l4d2. Someone please help.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Knappy 65 Jul 19, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
Your addons? Or are these workshop addons? There is a difference. After you usubscribe to a workshop mod, you will either notice the Steam client downloading "Workshop Content" or if you are in the main menu of L4D2 you will see a progress bar on the bottom right of you screen with the mod name above it.

Confirm in the Addons Panel (In the L4D2 main menu) whether or not the mod is loaded and just not enabled.

If these are Workshop Mods:
  • Nuke all the workshop mods (Shift-Delete) all of them from the addons/workshop folder.
  • Un-subscribe from them in the workshop, there is a link that takes you to your subscribed addons.
  • Launch L4D2
  • Exit L4D2
  • Re-Subscribe your addons from the workshop
  • Launch L4D2

If this fails again, post your findings or feel free to add me.
Last edited by Knappy; Jul 19, 2014 @ 5:49pm
Originally posted by Knappy:
Your addons? Or are these workshop addons? There is a difference. After you usubscribe to a workshop mod, you will either notice the Steam client downloading "Workshop Content" or if you are in the main menu of L4D2 you will see a progress bar on the bottom right of you screen with the mod name above it.

Confirm in the Addons Panel (In the L4D2 main menu) whether or not the mod is loaded and just not enabled.

If these are Workshop Mods:
  • Nuke all the workshop mods (Shift-Delete) all of them from the addons/workshop folder.
  • Un-subscribe from them in the workshop, there is a link that takes you to your subscribed addons.
  • Launch L4D2
  • Exit L4D2
  • Re-Subscribe your addons from the workshop
  • Launch L4D2

If this fails again, post your findings or feel free to add me.
Could you give me the location of the add ons section so I can nuke it? I probably have loads of ♥♥♥♥ in there. And the workshop addons, not mine. I don't know how to make those.
Knappy 65 Jul 19, 2014 @ 6:08pm 
Right click Left 4 Dead 2 in the Steam Cllient > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local FIles. Or:
K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons
There should be a workshop folder, Nuke it (Shift+Delete).
See in detail here[www.dropbox.com]

Workshop mods are located within the workshop folder, so nuke that and then un-subscribe from the Steam Client, as a precaution, exit Steam and re-launch Steam to clear the addonlist.txt. Then launch L4D2. Verify the files are missing from the addon list within the Main Menu of L4D2. Exit the game, re-sub to the workshop mods and launch L4D2.

Report your findings. If this fails yet again, as I said before feel free to add me and I can help more than by using words.
Last edited by Knappy; Jul 19, 2014 @ 6:12pm
Originally posted by Knappy:
Right click Left 4 Dead 2 in the Steam Cllient > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local FIles. Or:
K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons
There should be a workshop folder, Nuke it (Shift+Delete).
See in detail here[www.dropbox.com]

Workshop mods are located within the workshop folder, so nuke that and then un-subscribe from the Steam Client, as a precaution, exit Steam and re-launch Steam to clear the addonlist.txt. Then launch L4D2. Verify the files are missing from the addon list within the Main Menu of L4D2. Exit the game, re-sub to the workshop mods and launch L4D2.

Report your findings. If this fails yet again, as I said before feel free to add me and I can help more than by using words.
But there was nothing in the addons list to begin with, nothing will install or happen with it. It just has the little "Thinking" logo thing to the next to it. But nothing happens.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 4:47pm