Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
 
Discover And Share User Maps
Download new user maps and extend you game experience. Create your own maps and share it with friends and community. Click here to learn more about sharing your content.
Westheimer Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:37am
BUILD level editor doesn't change dimensions
I made sector and want to switch from 2d to 3d, but if i'm pressing Enter on numeric pad, nothing happens, maybe i'm missing something?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
DavoX 3 Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:48am 
Are you placing the player arrow inside of the sector? it needs to be in valid space in order to switch from 2D to 3D and viceversa.
The Commander 6 Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:57am 
http://infosuite.duke4.net/

This site will help you, study it well.
Westheimer Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:12am 
Originally posted by DavoX:
Are you placing the player arrow inside of the sector? it needs to be in valid space in order to switch from 2D to 3D and viceversa.
Yes i'm, made sector, got player arrow inside, pressed num Enter and nothing happens.
DavoX 3 Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by Westheimer:
Originally posted by DavoX:
Are you placing the player arrow inside of the sector? it needs to be in valid space in order to switch from 2D to 3D and viceversa.
Yes i'm, made sector, got player arrow inside, pressed num Enter and nothing happens.


Hmmm I've never had that problem. Have you ever made a map? are you using build or mapster32? I highly recommend you use mapster32 from this link:

http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/

The ones at the top are always the most recent. Make sure you select the right version according to your OS.

You only need to drop your duke3d.grp on the same folder as mapster32 and you're set.
Last edited by DavoX; Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:41am
Duke64 21 Dec 31, 2013 @ 3:06pm 
Yes mapster32 is best you should try it, but i never heard of this problem for either build or mapster.
Galan Dec 31, 2013 @ 11:34pm 
Originally posted by Westheimer:
I made sector and want to switch from 2d to 3d, but if i'm pressing Enter on numeric pad, nothing happens, maybe i'm missing something?

Actually if you go into your Steam files which is usually something like :

C:\program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Duke Nukem 3d\gameroot

In the gameroot directory you should find the file recently created "build.cfg" delete this file and you can run build and the numpad "enter" will bring you from 2d to 3d and back and so on. However, when you close out of build, it will put the file back in the gameroot directory again and each time you close build. So it's a process you'll have to do each time.

Problem I also found with build and saw someone else with the same was, all textures or tiles are not being linked correctly from the Duke3d.grp file and you only have about 70 choices when you hit the "V" key instead of about 4000 textures that should be there.

Anyway, I'm also using mapster32 for my maps since it does work well so I've given up on getting the Megaton Edition Build to work correctly.

Hope that helps a little, at least maybe get you started in the right direction, good luck
Canog Jul 19 @ 10:49am 
Originally posted by Galan:
Originally posted by Westheimer:
Problem I also found with build and saw someone else with the same was, all textures or tiles are not being linked correctly from the Duke3d.grp file and you only have about 70 choices when you hit the "V" key instead of about 4000 textures that should be there.

Anyway, I'm also using mapster32 for my maps since it does work well so I've given up on getting the Megaton Edition Build to work correctly.

Hope that helps a little, at least maybe get you started in the right direction, good luck




It's exactly the same here... How can I fix it?
Last edited by Canog; Jul 19 @ 10:50am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50