Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Moon Cow Jul 27 @ 11:43am
The filter option on the workshop seems to be broken
I've put in survivor as a filter but I keep finding music and UI mods
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Knappy 60 Jul 27 @ 12:30pm 
Then the author who uploaded those mods used those tags. The search isn't broken, people just don't know how to tag properly.
[linux] sophia Jul 27 @ 4:50pm 
The workshop is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for this reason: everyone spams their low-grade garbage with every tag possible, so all the searches are full of terrible content. Requesting modders fix their idiocy is usually fruitless, as they are too immature/narcissistic to care, and reporting this spam appears to be equally useless, as there doesn't seem to be any moderation on the workshop.
Moon Cow Jul 27 @ 5:34pm 
Originally posted by sophia:
The workshop is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for this reason: everyone spams their low-grade garbage with every tag possible, so all the searches are full of terrible content. Requesting modders fix their idiocy is usually fruitless, as they are too immature/narcissistic to care
I indirectly asked a modder to remove the tag and this is his response on his UI mod
" If you want to find "actual" survivor mods, use more specific tags pal"

He tagged all the survivors....

and this here is his reason for the tag
"Because this HUD effects the animations for the SURVIVOR'S healthbar"

It would make sense if each survivor got an individual health bar with unique animations but they don't it's just one health bar animation for all the survivors anyway I downvoted his mod just for using tags wrong but that won't do much until more people proceed to do the same
Last edited by Moon Cow; Jul 27 @ 5:40pm
Moon Cow Aug 19 @ 10:00am 
It seems valve doesn't even care about the quality of the workshop
Knappy 60 Aug 19 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by CAST Moon Cow:
I indirectly asked a modder to remove the tag and this is his response on his UI mod
" If you want to find "actual" survivor mods, use more specific tags pal"

He tagged all the survivors....

and this here is his reason for the tag
"Because this HUD effects the animations for the SURVIVOR'S healthbar"

That authour should be cyper-slapped. Unless that mod directly modifies all survivor healthbars then that author should only tag the mod with the appropriate survivor (Francis, Bill, Zoey <3 Nick etc etc) rather than tag everything even though it doesn't pertain to that survivor or file.

It's not so much "Valve" that doesn't care about the workshop, it is moreso the authors responsibility to properly tag and upload (wishful thinking incorporated) and volunteer moderators to modify however they rarely oversee anything within L4D2 and the SRCDS Discussions.

Edit: If you look at my mods directly, I tag only Sound/Misc unless it pertains to the Tank/Witch in which (no pun intended) it would be Sound & Tank/Witch without the Misc. Though my mods don't get as much publicity if I were to blatantly tag them with everything, I do requests, so some mods are well-known and others are scrap.
Last edited by Knappy; Aug 19 @ 11:14am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50