The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Rezz Jah 1 Jul 26, 2014 @ 6:24pm
Question about graphical mods
So I used to be running skyrim in the lowest quality, even using some de-enhancers to make sure my computer could handle it. Well, bought a new graphics card and can now run in ultra and get a firm 28-30 FPS (I know some intense PC people think 30 is really low but its plenty for me) so if I download graphical mods do I need to worry about it pushing it a step to far and lagging? Or I'm good to install graphical mods and I'll still be fine? If so what are some you reccomend?
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
troylights Jul 28, 2014 @ 5:12am 
New graphics cards usually have more RAM these days than they did when the game was released. You can probably safely use HD textures now without any real performance hit. I'm still stuck with hardware limitations myself, but I've added Eyes of Beauty, Enhanced Distant Terrain, Better Dynamic Snow (with HD textures from Nexus), Moss Rocks, Vibrant Auroras, and Splash of Rain without noticeable performance hit.
Rezz Jah 1 Jul 28, 2014 @ 7:57am 
Originally posted by troylights:
New graphics cards usually have more RAM these days than they did when the game was released. You can probably safely use HD textures now without any real performance hit. I'm still stuck with hardware limitations myself, but I've added Eyes of Beauty, Enhanced Distant Terrain, Better Dynamic Snow (with HD textures from Nexus), Moss Rocks, Vibrant Auroras, and Splash of Rain without noticeable performance hit.

A realistic lighting mod is something you should try, I actually retunred the GPU mentioned above because here was a sale going on so I got a much better one at the same price. Can run in around 45 now while using fraps, the lighting mod makes a huge diffrence in how the world around you feels without any FPS drop that I've noticed.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 26, 2014 @ 6:24pm