Steam Greenlight
Dette emnet er blitt låst
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 0.32
Pure Wilderness Survival Game
Not sure if anybody's going to be interested, but i've just started creating games using blender and unity3d (and python with pygame in the past, but i'm moving on to 3d stuff). I was wondering if anybody would want to play a game that's just purely surviving in a wilderness of some sort, be it a jungle, forest, tundra, or even a huge world with some of everything. I'd want it to be insanely realistic, and when i say insane, i really mean it. I'm talking about having to create coordage out of plant fibers and using clothes to filter out water, and just about anything that's really important in a survival situation. The main point of me posting this is to take any suggestions of what people would want in it. It's just me as a developer right now, but I'd work on it restlessly if people seem to like it, or even just for fun. Just looking for ideas and some inspiration.
< >
Viser 115 av 16 kommentarer
Queen Frydo360 23. juli 2014 kl. 0.34 
I think that would be quite cool :D and if it goes well theres always kickstarter to help! :)
This is not really the place to ask this question. I can't direct you to any place that you get a better response but I kow there are better places to ask it.
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 0.36 
well, if anybody else knows a better spot to put this, i can move it. Never really started a discussion before though, so my bad on that.
Gorlom[Swe] 23. juli 2014 kl. 4.02 
The concept section here on greenlight?
fireryone 23. juli 2014 kl. 4.28 
I agree - Try the concepts section as it was free last I checked.
Maybe on forums related to the game engine, usually helpful people around those places.
C0untzer0 23. juli 2014 kl. 5.00 
If only there were some place to post game concepts for feedback, sadly if such a place exists it's beyond your capacity to find it.
Skoardy 23. juli 2014 kl. 5.10 
Go to concepts. Browse through a couple of pages counting the number of 'survival' games people are proposing. When you run out of fingers pretty sharpish, realise you should probably try to come up with different and less utilised idea.

If you do create a project on Greenlight, make note not to spam adverts for it on the forum (even under the guise of seeking feedback or getting ideas).
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 10.24 
thanks for saying the concept section would be good. i wasn't sure if i should put it there since it's not really a "concept" per say, but more just trying to see if people would like it. and if there are a lot of "survival" games, then i'll just skip reposting this there and just get to asking for ideas once i get an actual game started.
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 10.34 
welp, i checked out other survival type games, and all of them have either zombies/monsters/aliens/ect or aren't remotely as realistic as i'm thinking for my game. So i'll go ahead and repost this on the concepts under the same name (might actually call it "Pure Survival" maybe. it has a nice ring to it).
Gorlom[Swe] 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.00 
chances are that being as realistic as you want it to be will not be good game mechanics, and the game will be more trouble some and feel like a chore more than a game. It's a common problem to encounter when you are trying to do something realistic. especially in survival games.

How is it not a concept though? you havent produced anything yet right? anything from a vague idea to a complete design document is technically a concept.. isn't it?
Sist redigert av Gorlom[Swe]; 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.01
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.24 
Well, i've already done something like that with python (although i didn't completely finish it, just some things to learn how to implement them). i know that python is kind of simple programing, and i know what you mean by it being a chore (spent about a a week just to get an inventory space system like in dayz, which was only about 10 lines of code), but all i can really say is i'm determined. It's pretty much my dream game to make, and even if i can't do everything that i want to do, i can get as much stuff as i can cram into it. and then as technology improves, and my programming knowledge, i can release a better version of it.

and for the concept thing, i suppose so. i was kind of thinking as concepts as "hey, what if they did this?" and then just talk, but i'm saying "hey, i'm going to do this. would you wanna play it?". doesn't matter too much though. and sorry for this monster of a comment.
Gorlom[Swe] 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.32 
I didnt mean making a hyper realistic game was a chore... I meant that playing it probably will. :p
"hey, i'm going to do this. would you wanna play it?"
That is PRECISELY what a concept is and the concept section is for. The other comment ( "hey, what if they did this?" ) was actually not a concept as it was talking about OTHER people doing something.
Sist redigert av Gorlom[Swe]; 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.35
CrazyGuitarMan 23. juli 2014 kl. 11.46 
as for the first part, that's why i'm asking if people would like it. to see if they want to play it or if they think that it's to boring, hard, or "like a chore" and to see what i should change about it if it doesn't stray too far from my main goal. but even if they don't like it, it'll still help me to refine my programming.

and the second part, i see what you're saying. still kinda new to the whole steam community thing, if you haven't noticed, and a while back i saw some people pretty much saying the whole "what if i they did this" thing and i thought that's what that section was for. So thanks for saying that.
Skoardy 23. juli 2014 kl. 12.17 
Greenlight proper is mainly for games that have reached a certain stage of development since it requires at least one video and at least four screenshots of the game. Most of the people on Greenlight will be expecting those to be showing actual gameplay rather than captures of models or scenes from the editor. Oh, and there's the $100 fee, of course.

Until you reach that stage, Concepts is probably the best option. There's nothing worse than presenting early and losing votes because you've nothing to show and simply telling people about your game ideas doesn't convince them.
< >
Viser 115 av 16 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 23. juli 2014 kl. 0.32