Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:34pm
Something needs to be done with the concep part of GL
The amount of BS posted there is absolutly staggering at best.Is it really that hard for ppl to understand that:
1. Its not your fb/myspace page
2.Its also not the place for derp silly jokes and memes
3.Just because its free doesnt authorise you to post already existing games and even less that you will get away with it
They need to make more strict rules what comes about submitting concepts heck making it tied to the greenlight submit fee could be a solution too. I mean sure, it might not stop the chaos 100% but maybe ppl would think about twice before misusing it if it would mean losing your GL page too at the sam time
Then again im just suggesting to make some changes in order to keep the place clean
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Sir Strygwyr of Cykaland Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:42pm 
1) The concept is free? huh. Never knew that. I thought it was $100 for everything...
2) Haveing such strict moderation goes against what greenlight is about. Valve has taken down stuff that is LEGALLY breaching. Just ignore them because they always say that there is always one diamond in a river of ♥♥♥♥.
Taco Sauce (Banned) Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:44pm 
The river of ♥♥♥♥ is spilling over into steam store front.
Sir Strygwyr of Cykaland Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:48pm 
Originally posted by Sicko:
The river of ♥♥♥♥ is spilling over into steam store front.
Because people generally thought they would enjoy the game on greenlight. It is all community based. If you didn't enjoy the thing people voted for, blame the people, not a lack of moderation.

Plus, I need to know if the concept page is free or you still need to pay the $100.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:50pm 
Bloodseeker: Its free..which also attracts idiots
Sir Strygwyr of Cykaland Jul 23, 2014 @ 12:01am 
Originally posted by Tatsuya Hiroki:
Bloodseeker: Its free..which also attracts idiots
I see... thanks, just wanted to know for my own project.

But for the actual topic of the thread, I have explained my point.
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 23, 2014 @ 4:05am 
Tatsuya: just report offending submissions and move on. The moderators will get to them when they get to them.
Skoardy Jul 23, 2014 @ 4:58am 
Originally posted by Bloodseeker Edge -----(I====>:
2) Haveing such strict moderation goes against what greenlight is about. Valve has taken down stuff that is LEGALLY breaching. Just ignore them because they always say that there is always one diamond in a river of ♥♥♥♥.
I'm a bit confused as to why you think having the section moderated would be 'against what Greenlight is about' or where you even got the idea that Greenlight was about the non-games that the OP was talking about?

You say you're interested in submitting your own project to Concepts. Wouldn't you prefer for people to actually see it rather than just not bother with Concepts as it's mostly full of fake/troll/joke pages and simply not worth their time?

Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Tatsuya: just report offending submissions and move on. The moderators will get to them when they get to them.
I don't think they're bothering any more in Concepts at least. There can be at times up to around 10+ submissions to Concepts daily, the majority of them will be obvious trash (fakes, trolls, existing games). While I do report them, Steam send me a 'Thanks to you, we've removed X many items' emails maybe once a month... where the X is usually 1 or 2. Rarely 2.

Even if I was getting the same email daily, they'd still be doing a slack job of moderating Concepts. At the moment, it's a complete joke.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Jul 23, 2014 @ 6:06am 
Skoardy: Finally, thank you for clarify what I wanted to say
Just to add my thought to what you said: Valve doesnt need to be democratic at all what comes about GL. In fact I may sounds like the devils advocat but it would be better for everybody not letting ppl fooling around freely at those parts of Steam as its not helping anyone. In fact it hurts getting exposure for real projects that are getting buried under those lame wannabe jokes
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Jul 23, 2014 @ 6:09am 
Gorlom[Swe]: I wish it was that easy but it got to a point when something HAS to be done, otherwise they should close the Concepts parts entirely as it is since right now its useless.
Or at very least make more harsh punishment for ppl who abuse it
wilco64256 Jul 23, 2014 @ 6:18am 
The Concepts section exists for the same basic reason as the "Request a Game" sub-forum. It's a place to shove all the nonsense so most people can completely ignore it.
ANDBOBREW Jul 25, 2014 @ 7:04pm 
Yay free stuff
Ravin Jul 27, 2014 @ 11:32pm 
I've hit the report button more times than I can count because of peoples desire to use concepts as either spam, personal pages, Minecraft requests, or using well established brands/characters without any permission. I got the e-mail about once a month that they've removed however many enteries it happens to be. However it seems that moderation has slowed down on it a lot because it use to say upwards of 30 or more and they would disappear in a relatively resonable time. Now they seem to stay longer and longer and the number has gone down a lot.

It's a shame the way it is, because through the abyss of rehashed ideas, unachieveble goals, and utter garbage there are a few concepts that are well thought out and presented with an idea of what their goals are, how they plan to achieve them, and most importantly, some form of applicable skill that makes it possible for them to make a game capable of being sold in a market.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:34pm