The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
pieuponieu Aug 20, 2016 @ 7:23pm
I killed Miraak and all I got was this BSOD
I just had to vent about the minor heart attack I had a bit ago. I was playing through the Dragonborn / Solstheim DLC, finally had defeated Miraak, was looting the dragon bodies, when suddenly, the game froze, my speakers buzzed, and then blue screen of death!

My laptop wasn't running hot, so I don't think it overheated. The error was FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE which seems to be fairly common in a Win 8 laptop upgraded to Win 10.

Anyway, the damn thing restarted, installed updates, and I'm back on Steam, but I haven't started the game again. I'm a little afraid to do so because I will just vomit if the game file is corrupted. I hope I can go to an earlier save if so.

Anyone else have a freakout like this in the middle of a game at a big, inopportune moment? First world problem, I guess, but it still blows.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
UnoriginalDude Aug 21, 2016 @ 12:14am 
*facepalm* if it was hardware from turning to windows 10 from windows 10 then it wasnts the game (well mabye a tiny bit) but the laptop it self having the problem.
Jomackson Sep 4, 2016 @ 12:20am 
A little over reacting? Maybe the graphics options are too high, or you don't have the unoffical patch series that fixes a ton of bugs. You can find in on the workshop. Also for good measure in the store type skse and get a "skyrim script extender" to help with possible mod trouble. I think running it off skse isn't even nessisry, but I could be wrong.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 20, 2016 @ 7:23pm