Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Learn More
oranaer Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:01pm
BEEMOD [Safe to Install?]
Im interested in installing BEEMOD which adds more test elements into the editor, along with BEE2 to change the look of my tests. But im just really paranoid about it because of the EXE file you need to install it. By any chance, Is it possible BEEMOD can be read by vac as a cheat? I'd like to know before installing.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Hunter #357 18 Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:19pm 
It's safe to install (except for BEE2.4, which you need to be careful with or it will break your editor).
oranaer Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:28pm 
what about just the normal BEE2 and not BEE2.4?
Hunter #357 18 Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:31pm 
Originally posted by nayr:
what about just the normal BEE2 and not BEE2.4?

It's safe.
oranaer Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:33pm 
Okay, Thanks.
Originally posted by Hunter #357:
It's safe to install (except for BEE2.4, which you need to be careful with or it will break your editor).
do you mean like closing the game whenever you try to open the editor? because today my editor just won't open after i playtested the level and pressed exit to editor
I have used BEE2.4 for a few years now and I can assure you it is safe to install and use. If it breaks your game, just uninstall. It's never broken my game! Note, its not compatible with Hammer.
Darealxbox 84 Jun 8, 2022 @ 1:41pm 
It's 100percent safe
I can't think of anyone who doesn't preferentially use Hammer for Portal 2 mapmaking who wouldn't choose to install BEEMOD if they knew how to. In fact, maybe I should try reinstalling it, even though I rarely use the Puzzlemaker.
Rooke 28 Jun 17, 2022 @ 7:01pm 
I've used it for a couple of years now and it's safe.
But, you may have to tell your antivirus not to block it - I know Norton 360 doesn't like it, yet Windows Defender has no problem with it.
(Btw, I dropped Norton for Defender 3 months ago.)
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 25, 2016 @ 6:01pm