Company of Heroes 2
The War continues with YOUR content.
Create and submit new mods and maps and share them with the community. New to the tools? Find out more on our modding tool.
Learn More
Kjarmik 9 Aug 13, 2014 @ 5:42am
Scenario with pre-built armies
I am currently working on a project based on a scenario already in the game (it's called Blitzkrieg, and its on the Steppes map) where the armies are pre-built and it's impossible to get new units. The map will be rather large, maybe even a 2v2, with different environments. The idea is to make the battle start with all players having a close-to equal army and battling it out for either annihilation or victory points, but reinforcement on squads should be possible.

I would consider my skills with the worldbuilder quite high, but completely blank on scar coding, so I need assistance with the coding. If anybody has a good link, or better yet know how to code this, any help would be much appreciated :D
Last edited by Kjarmik; Aug 13, 2014 @ 6:00am
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Trigg 10 Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:33pm 
I've been thinking about doing something like this, but haven't gotten around to it.

There are possibly several ways of doing this, but the easiest that *might* work would be to just set all the player's pop caps to zero. You can search the web and find where lots of people have posted an example of how to revise population caps, so if this works you won't really have to learn to code - just follow one of the examples, and change the number to 0. (Notice that that would also prevent reinforcing units.)

I that doesn't work it will be pretty tedious... you'll have to disable building of base buildings, disable building units from the initial base building, and disable commanders' abilities to bring in units.
Kjarmik 9 Aug 18, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
I have experimening with popcap but it doesnt fit into the scenario, where reinforcement is a crucial part of it, since you can't build new, or replace lost units. Setting popcap to zero gives a real advantage to the defending player, so it becomes a race on who can dig in on victory points first. The option is to make a larger map than usual and put the map entry point in a small pocket way out of range of even artillery, but this would put an influence on manpower per minute and indirectly influence the battle that way

I have found a list of codes for disabling new units from entering the field, but I don't know how to incorporate this to the scenario, on http://fortresseuropemod.com/scardoc/frameset.htm. This is however codes I believe to work on coh1, so I'm not sure if they work on coh2 custom scenarios.

I have also read somewhere that it's not possible to create custom scenarios for coh2 at this moment.
Trigg 10 Aug 18, 2014 @ 4:37pm 
You can't create "mods", but you can create maps with things like what you want to do.

For a partial solution for CoH2, subscribe to "(2-4) Dnieper liberation february 1943: H.B.M " and use the sga extractor to see the code. It doesn't prevent all building, but it does pevent a lot, including bringing in many doctrinal units.
Kjarmik 9 Aug 19, 2014 @ 3:16pm 
Excellen! I will try this :D
Thanks alot for your replies!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50