Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Zyanokè Aug 7 @ 11:37pm
Weapon Idea - The Maniacs Payback
Hey guys, so my idea will revolve around a primary for Pyro. I'll call it "The Maniacs Payback", and this'll make more sense in a minute.

Primary fire (lmb by default) = vacuum (so it inhales projectiles, ranging from stickies, pipes, rockets and even arrows)

Secondary fire (rmb by default) = releasing the projectiles

-How It Works / My Thoughts-
Alright so how it should function, I think is like this. You should be able to tell you can not do any damage with the weapon unless you have stored projectiles. In a way, it's like the Short Circuit, but more helpful. I think there could also be some kind of wheel to alternate your projectiles.

One for rockets, one for stickies, one for pipes and one for arrows (bot huntsman and crossbow). So that you're not spitting out random stuff, you actually have control over what you release. I also think it should have a bit of a charge-up, like the mini-gun, so that it's fairly evened out.

This is just a silly little idea I came up with so to be honest I don't expect much from it, but if you do give attention and want to help me out, please feel free to add me or do anything you can to help me in which you see fit.

-Additional Information-
I think somewhere fitting, within the HUD there could be a counter for how many projectile you have stored

-Statistics-
+150 max ammo (increasing it to 350 ammunition)
+15 health
-25% damage (so when you release the projectiles they do a little less damage)
-10% movement speed
+40% fire resistance
+20% explosive resistance
+30% bullet damage resistance

That's really all I have for now. If there's anything you think would improve it or make it more even or fair, etc. please feel free to comment. Thank you for reading my idea ^^.
Last edited by Zyanokè; Aug 7 @ 11:38pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Valve already tested a similar weapon for Pyro pre-Love and War update. They said it breaks the game a little because of how the game uses a prediction system - one of the reasons the game feels solid even on slower connections. http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=13542
Zyanokè Aug 8 @ 9:07am 
Ohhhh. Thanks for telling me this :P. Maybe sometime in the future. If not then oh well xD
Haha, yeah, no problem! I do like the idea though.
Zyanokè Aug 8 @ 12:24pm 
Thank you :P. It was really off the top of my head. Also, I did read about some of the Love & War weapon 'considerations', but sorta ignored a few I guess. Either way I hope they manage to add something alike it in the future
Pizzachef the core Aug 20 @ 10:34am 
with this wep if you store too many projectiles ithe storage tank should explode or something
Zyanokè Aug 25 @ 3:21am 
Hmm good question.. I'm not too sure xD
Jingle Jangle Sep 20 @ 7:05pm 
Maybe a Vacuum could be added in Team Fortress 3?
Last edited by Jingle Jangle; Sep 20 @ 7:05pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 7 @ 11:37pm