Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
The Irresistible Halwa Aug 6 @ 10:30am
Help needed in making the projectile of weapons
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great in making items for TF2. i just made 4 weapons for TF2 but i dont know how to make their own projectiles and secondly the weapons i made, just replaced the other weapons i dont want this to happen. Can i make a slot for my custom weapons ?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
CaptainGoodstuff Aug 7 @ 2:13pm 
A custom weapon that's not officially in the game always has to replace another weapon unfortunately. You can choose which one it replaces by giving it the exact same name and file paths as whatever weapon you want it to replace, just open the "tf2_misc_dir.vpk" file in steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf with GCFScape to see how the files are structured. For example if you want your weapon to replace the pistol, your mdl and related files and textures would be named c_pistol and you would put them in a folder with the structure models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol, and the texture would be in materials/models/weapons/c_items. Then take the "models" and "materials" folder you just made, and put it in "custom" which is in the same folder as the .vpk files. As long as you wrote in the .qc file where everything is now and what it's called before compiling, it should replace the right weapon! Obviously the stats won't change since it will have the same characteristics as the weapon you replaced.

As far as projectiles go... I could use an answer to this as well :/
Last edited by CaptainGoodstuff; Aug 7 @ 2:14pm
The Irresistible Halwa Aug 8 @ 12:56am 
Thanks for the tip :D now what to do about those projectiles :p
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 6 @ 10:30am