Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Firstname Lastname Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:25am
Great new idea for a Spy invis watch!! Must read!
Basically, a spy diversion hologram that you can acivate and the hologram will walk forward. kind of like in Halo.Enemies can shot at it and it will dissapear. Use this to lead engineers away from their sentries for sapping, or far an easy backstab at an enemy. This will have a long recharge time, and the meter will fill once you die. idk about stats but great idea!
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
Insane Milk Man Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:03am 
that sounds really awesome to be honest, WHY HASNT ANYONE ELSE COME UP WITH THIS IDEA!?
Mr. Fail Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:52am 
You should have a short limit on how long you can be invis with the hologram. Also it will be hard for a spy to get around if he only has the hologram.
Firstname Lastname Jul 31, 2014 @ 12:40pm 
Thanks guys! We shall spread the word!

Last edited by Firstname Lastname; Jul 31, 2014 @ 12:42pm
|√я| Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:05pm 
-Cloak
+Deploys a hologram that disappears on 4 hits
Hologram takes 30 seconds to recharge
Last edited by |√я|; Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:09pm
Firstname Lastname Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by SuperMC1R:
-Cloak
+Deploys a hologram that disappears on hit

Hmmmm... Mabye the hologram should have some health so its not that obvoius.
|√я| Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by A Professional Russian:
-Cloak
+Deploys a hologram that disappears on hit

Made it 4 hits
Firstname Lastname Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:20pm 

Made it 4 hits

Nice.
Firstname Lastname Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:31pm 
Add on: The hologram can only move one way and will disapear if it hits a wall/player/building. So the spy must point it in the right direction.
Amoeba Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:10pm 
How about you clock at the same time when you deploy the hologram, but it only lasts a short time, possibly as long as the dead ringer (which is 6 sec) or shorter.
§øƪ∆℟ịμℳ Aug 2, 2014 @ 4:16am 
Originally posted by GamerDweeb:
How about you clock at the same time when you deploy the hologram, but it only lasts a short time, possibly as long as the dead ringer (which is 6 sec) or shorter.

Not with the L' Etgranger :D
Firstname Lastname Aug 5, 2014 @ 9:40am 
You can restock the hologram at spawn like the razorback.
Yulen Aug 5, 2014 @ 11:53pm 
If you add hitpoints: It should be equivalent to the same number of hits an engineer takes to kill a spy.
Firstname Lastname Aug 9, 2014 @ 2:46pm 
No. Sorry but that may be too overpowered. The point of the hologram would be to distract/lure enimies away or to get behind them for a backstab. Not to keep them busy. (Just an opinion)
Add on: If the spy is disguised as the enemy then the hologram will appear the same.
Name idea: Mirage Maker.
Yulen Aug 9, 2014 @ 3:55pm 
No. Sorry but that may be too overpowered. The point of the hologram would be to distract/lure enimies away or to get behind them for a backstab. Not to keep them busy. (Just an opinion)
Add on: If the spy is disguised as the enemy then the hologram will appear the same.
Name idea: Mirage Maker.:greenteam:
What I was saying was in respnse to people saying it should survive 4 hits. Spies normally take 2-3 wench swings to kill, so if it lives longer than that its suspicious. I am open to having it less, but just saying it does not seem it would work if it takes more damage than a regular spy if it has HP.
Firstname Lastname Aug 9, 2014 @ 5:04pm 
Originally posted by Yulen:
Name idea: Mirage Maker.
What I was saying was in respnse to people saying it should survive 4 hits. Spies normally take 2-3 wench swings to kill, so if it lives longer than that its suspicious. I am open to having it less, but just saying it does not seem it would work if it takes more damage than a regular spy if it has HP.

So I guess it depends on the situaton. 1st one with 1 hit 2nd one with 4+ hits.

For example, a Spy`s trying to sap an engineers sentry but is afaird of the engineer killing him. So the spy places a hologram and makes it pass in front of the engineer. As expected the engineer chases after it only to find out its a hoax. The engineer comes back to see his machines destroyed. "Dag nabbit, dang it, nabbit!"

Another example might be that an engineer (any class actually) sees a spy walking around like a newb. He chases after the spy thinking, "I`ve got this!". He hits/shoots the spy several times only to get backstabed.

See what I mean?
Apprecate your feedback.

Last edited by Firstname Lastname; Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:27pm
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:25am