Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[LUE] Christmas Prower Aug 31 @ 8:30am
So...did Greenlight turn red for the month?
It's been almost a full month since the last series of games were announced to be Greenlit. Are they not announcing Greenlit games anymore? Or did they take a month hiatus?

Or are they just stealth Greenlighting from now on? I ask this particular question because Five Nights at Freddy's was on Greenlight and then one day it was just on Steam itself.
Showing 1-15 of 157 comments
< >
endi Aug 31 @ 9:14am 
the other problem is: the last batch was not from the top50 (at leat not all)... so the votes arent matter at all?
Skoardy Aug 31 @ 9:18am 
I know some of the scum handing out keys for votes didn't get through. Maybe they had to fill those gaps?
C0untzer0 Aug 31 @ 9:34am 
You mean that despite people voting for Grass simulator, Valve decided not to let it through?
Last edited by C0untzer0; Aug 31 @ 9:35am
Parody Games Aug 31 @ 9:40am 
Yes, they do seem to have slowed down their acceptance from 75 titles every two weeks (which they did for a good few months)... to 50 once a month(?) - still has yet to really be determined. They also didn't take a lot of games from the top 100 list - as noted by above.
C0untzer0 Aug 31 @ 9:55am 
Shock horror, things return to normal!
A good few months being 3 and a half. and why is it suddenly news that the top games don't always get through?
Last edited by C0untzer0; Aug 31 @ 9:55am
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 31 @ 10:23am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Shock horror, things return to normal!
A good few months being 3 and a half.
Public memory is short. Patterns are easier to remember then actual history.
and why is it suddenly news that the top games don't always get through?
Missconception about how Greenlight works. Some think they select the titles rather than helping Valve by showing which titles should be worth takeing a closer look at.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 1 @ 4:24am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
I know some of the scum handing out keys for votes didn't get through. Maybe they had to fill those gaps?
you wished they didnt :P too bad they will
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 1 @ 4:24am 
still its a bit weird that they dont really say whats now
Skoardy Sep 1 @ 5:13am 
Originally posted by Tatsuya Hiroki (HU):
I was honestly surprised that those devs bribing people with free games didn't appear on the last greenlit list. All should have easily made it - there were thousands of sheep willing to throw a 'Yes' at them for the chance of something for nothing. Maybe Valve will change it's mind and they'll all come flooding through in the next list? I don't know.

I do know that if Valve showed everyone that it worked, that you can simply circumvent the whole Greenlight process, then those self-interested sheep are going to be drowning in free games.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 1 @ 5:14am 
I was honestly surprised that those devs bribing people with free games didn't appear on the last greenlit list. All should have easily made it - there were thousands of sheep willing to throw a 'Yes' at them for the chance of something for nothing. Maybe Valve will change it's mind and they'll all come flooding through in the next list? I don't know.

I do know that if Valve showed everyone that it worked, that you can simply circumvent the whole Greenlight process, then those self-interested sheep are going to be drowning in free games.
oh sorry that because of actually wanting to play any of these promo games makes us self interested sheeps
Skoardy Sep 1 @ 5:33am 
oh sorry that because of actually wanting to play any of these promo games makes us self interested sheeps
So you're saying that it's somehow noble not to simply buy a game that legitimately gets through Greenlight but instead help it cheat it's way through just so you can get a free game?
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 1 @ 5:55am 
So you're saying that it's somehow noble not to simply buy a game that legitimately gets through Greenlight but instead help it cheat it's way through just so you can get a free game?
never said I would not buy a game that got legitimately through greenlight, dont twist my words
and the emphasis is not on the free game
what Im saying IF the promo game in question looks decent, Im gonna vote for it
Funny thing is: people are screaming bribery when a gl game offers free code, they scream bribery when greenlight bundles are offered on sale, its like some people decided to lead an endless ♥♥♥♥in witch hunt that never ends since some people always need to find something to blame
Im sorry but the real problem isnt those promos, when publishers such as Strategy First can dump their stupid game on steam with no problem whatsoever, when companies like Ubisoft and Craptivison get away with overpriced buggy piece of ♥♥♥♥ game priced 60 bucks per piece, maybe the so called quality control that everyone is craving for should be applied to the so called big named publishers too, not just following the whole early acces hate train and whatsnot
Last edited by Tatsuya Hiroki (HU); Sep 1 @ 6:04am
Skoardy Sep 1 @ 6:55am 
never said I would not buy a game that got legitimately through greenlight, dont twist my words
Weird. I thought that's what we were doing - twisting words. I clearly state that I have a problem with the thousands of people that wouldn't normally have voted for a game doing so just because they're being bribed with a free game and you ignore my obvious meaning and twist it to say I'm calling people who like a game selfish sheep. I simply re-stated my meaning.

It is funny. Whenever anyone points out a dislike for devs cheating Greenlight by offering bribes, theres always those quick to say "Yeah, but... but... look at this other issue! Isn't it worse?!". They seem to think you're not allowed (or capable) of being unimpressed with either situation. That you have to be fine with cheating just because of some other (apparently 'real') problem.
Brent Sep 2 @ 11:40am 
As a dev about to put his game on Greenlight it would be great to get some clarification from Steam on this. Maybe they are about to announce that new system that would replace Greenlight that was mentioned a few months ago?
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 2 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by Brent:
As a dev about to put his game on Greenlight it would be great to get some clarification from Steam on this. Maybe they are about to announce that new system that would replace Greenlight that was mentioned a few months ago?
nobody knows really
Showing 1-15 of 157 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 31 @ 8:30am