Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Rommel(Desert Fox) Aug 27, 2014 @ 8:36pm
Dear Steam
Steam PLEASE filter out the stupid games there is soooooo many of them especially in the greenlight there is no original ideas at all there anymore
Showing 1-15 of 106 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 27, 2014 @ 9:33pm 
I suggest you either stop using Greenlight all together or make your own original game and bring something to the table.
Pantheon Aug 27, 2014 @ 11:33pm 
Yeah Steam, please add a filter for "stupid games", which users can just check and won't get bothered by "stupid" games anymore!
No One Aug 28, 2014 @ 3:29am 
i think valve is just shuttng down greenlight so there is no need for quality controll now . so next year this wont even be a thing probably
Skoardy Aug 28, 2014 @ 4:13am 
Originally posted by No One:
i think valve is just shuttng down greenlight
Probably best if you find out what is actually happening before you spread more of your 'I think' everywhere.
๊Hungry Hank the toilet Sep 5, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
Spydrebyte Sep 6, 2014 @ 8:34am 
The purpose of Greenlight is to filler out these games, people who use it assist Valve in finding the 'diamonds in the rough' so to speak. Asking valve to filler for us what we are filtering for them, is kinda silly.
Rommel(Desert Fox) Sep 6, 2014 @ 8:38am 
but it doesnt work theres a lot of crap games there just to make a quick buck, also im sick of games like "hello kitty takes over the world with zombies" and crap like that. Yes I know i can vote on games but im just 1 person and i cant do nothing about it.
Spydrebyte Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:00am 
Its something you need to accept that you are not the arbiter of what gets onto steam, everyone on Greenlight has a small say in what they prefer, and that's all. The powers that be will choose the games they think are the ones most likely to succeed for them.

There being tonnes of crappy games on Greenlight is the problem of the masochist people like us who want to have a say, and will trawl through all the games and vote on the ones we like. The volume of crap vs gems on Greenlight does not translate to the same being Greenlit. We wont always like what gets though but the market is for everyone using Steam not just ourselves.

Mistakes happen and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ games get through from time to time, its an unfortunate problem with voting after seeing such a small amount of content, and there not also being a more hands on approach to QA, however that is another issue.

TLDR; If you don't like seeing "crap" on Greenlight, then maybe its not the place for you.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 6, 2014 @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by Rommel(Desert Fox):
but it doesnt work theres a lot of crap games there just to make a quick buck, also im sick of games like "hello kitty takes over the world with zombies" and crap like that. Yes I know i can vote on games but im just 1 person and i cant do nothing about it.
You appear to still not understand the point of Steam Public Greenlight even after Spyderbyte explained it to you as clearly as I think is possible. Did you not read what he said or do you really not understand what he wrote?

Have I already suggested to you to stop using Steam/Greenlight if it annoys you so much? I have haven't I?

What you are suggesting is incredibly stupid. I loathe to use the word "stupid", but I am afraid there is no better word for what this thread is about. It is on the level of suggesting that you have to buy every game on Steam to be able to use Steam to play that one specific game you wanted.
Rommel(Desert Fox) Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:07am 
how can i stop using it when all that comes up on steam is crap games idiot
Skoardy Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:25am 
how can i stop using it when all that comes up on steam is crap games idiot
You can't. Stuff other people like that you don't is going to make it onto Steam whether you like it or not. Just like we can't stop others creating crap threads about Steam being 'sullied' by stuff that offends their sensibilities.
Rommel(Desert Fox) Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:41am 
hey guys im being realistic here and steam has got to do something about this that is all
Pantheon Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:44am 
No, they don't.
wilco64256 Sep 6, 2014 @ 10:50am 
hey guys im being realistic here and steam has got to do something about this that is all

"Steam" has got to make it so games you don't personally like don't show up in the store? Must be a nice universe you think you should get to live in. If everybody got that wish there'd be nothing for sale in any store anywhere.
Rommel(Desert Fox) Sep 6, 2014 @ 11:19am 
you dont understand at all i said that there should be a filter for yourself for what you like what someone else likes is not my problem they can like rainbow unicorns for all i care as long as that stuff doesnt show up on my steam ill be fine
Showing 1-15 of 106 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2014 @ 8:36pm