Steam Greenlight
Este tópico foi trancado
DrOvi 17/ago./2014 às 1:46
This thread has been terminated by the threader.
Because of a terrible start, and the efffects from the 'other' thread, I am terminating this thread.

Furher responses to this thread will not be appreciated and will not be responded to. (Atleast not by me)
Última edição por DrOvi; 18/ago./2014 às 15:54
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 21
Wölfe 17/ago./2014 às 1:49 
When you say:

"Would be continued until it reached 5-15GB."

You continue until you think it`s ready. You don`t slap ideas in and ho yep it`s 5GB now. That would be terrible and probably would not work.

"20X bigger, more copmlex, more options and more things you can do than in Minecraft."

Do not compare to other games which are a different genre.
Also there is a concept area in grenlight use it.
C0untzer0 17/ago./2014 às 2:35 
NO, not from somebody who composed a post like yours.
Última edição por C0untzer0; 17/ago./2014 às 2:36
butch 17/ago./2014 às 2:38 
+
C0untzer0 17/ago./2014 às 3:03 
Escrito originalmente por sirdrovi:
Escrito originalmente por C0untzer0:
NO, not from somebody who composed a post like yours.
Yeah, I realised later that it was quite terrible, but I had only a few minutes to write it, because I had to quickly rush somewhere.
So you're the kind of person who rushes out shoddy work, even when there's no pressure? Good to know.
PinkPanther 17/ago./2014 às 3:26 
I would buy this game:happymeat:
Skoardy 17/ago./2014 às 6:18 
I tend not to buy Minecraft clones from people who insist they're not simply creating a Minecraft clone (with bonus pie-in-the-sky claims). So no. In addition, I tend to have a pretty poor view of people who promise the world first rather than going out and simply doing it. It's easy to make a long list of claims to produce something better, faster, more interesting and with more content than anything we've ever seen but actually producing the goods? That's a little more impressive and a lot harder.

You can walk in the branches of trees. (Don't steal that)
You mean like Assassin's Creed 3? Since you're the type of person who is concerned about stolen ideas, are you going to drop that idea now that you've realised you're the one 'stealing' the idea? What about all the other ideas you've listed that are already present in other games? Will you also be dropping all those?
AusSkiller 17/ago./2014 às 15:18 
Was programmed in Java.
Probably not, Java is not a good language for games, C++ is much more efficient and I often get frustrated with the poor performance of Java games, but I would never completely rule it out as if a game is good I'll buy it despite any issues it may have.

There is Error.
All games have them, so yes, but only if the error is rare and the game can be entirely completed without experiencing it.

Was based on the Medieval - Middle ages.
Unlikely, but that's just personal preference.

Would be continued until it reached 5-15GB.
That's entirely arbitrary and could be entirely due to poor asset management.

There was a 'request page' where you could add requests.
Probably not, requests for games vary so greatly that if used the game can turn into an incoherent mess.

Was blocky but with some unseen physics.
Depends on if the game is better suited to being blocky or if it's just lazy.

There are absolutely no vehicles, you have to build them from raw pipes and mechanics.
If you can build vehicles then wouldn't that mean there are vehicles? Either way it depends on if they make the game better or worse.

The world is actually a big cube. (In Minecraft, it's all flat)
Minecraft is a big cube, it's not flat, but perhaps you mean with variable gravity where you can walk on each side of the cube, in which case definitely no. Anyone who wants to make a game like that clearly hasn't thought enough about the game design and is highly unlikely to make a good game.

20X bigger, more copmlex, more options and more things you can do than in Minecraft.
Bigger and more isn't always better, it entirely depends on the details.

Player requests are not chosen by popularity, but by uniqueness and intellegence.
As chosen by the developer? Then yes, this allows the requests to be coherent.

Was 3X faster than Minecraft.
Any improvements on Minecraft's performance is good, but Minecraft was pretty poorly programmed last time I tried it, and it's fluid physics were so simplistic I couldn't understand why. I made a voxel game with a pretty large area (though limited by the 24mb RAM constraint in android 2.3), written in Java that had unlimited fluid spread that maintained 50+ frames per second on my 800mhz phone, but my FAR more powerful PC often dipped below 30 fps when I played Minecraft. Aim for at least 30X the performance of Minecraft, particularly in C++ that sort of improvement should be very simple.

There were hundreds of items.
Depends on the items.

You can walk in the branches of trees. (Don't steal that)
Isn't that in pretty much every game ever made? I can't think of any it's not in.

There are 'Quarter Blocks', 'Blocks' and 'Large blocks'. (I purposely chose not to call them Mega Blocks)
Probably less interested, given blocks and large blocks could be made with quarter blocks, seems like an unnecessary feature that needlessly reduces voxel resolution. A better implementation would be the ability to place multiple quarter blocks at once and keep a consistent voxel resolution.

Had tons of different randomly generated buildings.
Slightly interested.

Had taverns.
No more interesting than random buildings.

You have to unlocks weapons, but by designs and learning, not paying something and you instantly know.
In other words look it up in the wiki, not interested.

You don't have to buy from shops, you can steal, but you will be attacked if caught.
Good option, but extremely difficult to balance without shop keepers being the most powerful enemy in the world which makes the actually enemies seem trivial and will break most stories (if shopkeepers so powerful why aren't they fighting instead of you?).

NPC's that become hostile will not chase you unless they hear you or directly turn their head toward you and see you first. (You can now sneak past guards)
Stealth mechanics are rarely good if the entire game is not based on them, not interested.

Was not a Minecraft clone.
Don't care about the clone label, as long as it improves on the game it cloned.

The liquid physics were finite for small ponds.(Large oceans have to infinite to prevent crashing your computer if you take one bucket of water fromm the sea. XD)
Sounds like a poor fluid physics implementation if it would crash taking a bucket of water from large body of it.

There were clues you could find to lead you to other things.
Sounds good.

I just wanted to know if you would buy a game that was basically all that, and more.
In all, unlikely, it doesn't sound like it brings much to the table, it just sounds like Minecraft with a bigger world.

NOTE: I have not told any specific details of what is in the game to prevent 'idea theft'.
Worrying about idea theft is an indication that your idea probably isn't going to be that well executed by you and that other people would do a better job of making your game. Ideas have no monetary value, there is no reason to protect them, what matters is the implementation of the ideas and if you can't implement that idea in a way that you are confident is going to be too hard for others to beat then it's probably not worth you implementing it in the first place.
Última edição por AusSkiller; 17/ago./2014 às 15:18
Skoardy 17/ago./2014 às 16:59 
Umm... Ok. Let me get something a little bit straight.
1. I said "(Don't steal that)" as a joke.
The thing about jokes is unless they are quite obviously jokes and/or in the least bit remotely funny, how in blue blazes is anyone supposed to tell the difference between a joke and a regular statement. Given you follow it up later in your post by saying you've left things out to avoid 'idea theft' is it really that big of a leap for people to assume you're serious both times you mention stealing ideas?
AusSkiller 17/ago./2014 às 17:28 
Oh yeah, I also forgot to state that there will be NO wiki for this game. I fully decided that your character has to learn and memorize (it's easier to add than it sounds) how to make things.
There will be a wiki whether you like it or not, they are created by the community regardless of what you want because there will always be people who can't figure out something they need to do and want that information and others who want to share the information they discovered. If you truly don't want a wiki you need to develop a set of mechanics that are easily accessed at any point in the game to allow the player to be informed of what they need to do/make what they want. It needs to be easier and more rewarding to do it in game than looking it up on a wiki to remove the need for a wiki, and that's not an easy thing to accomplish, but it's worth the effort as needing a wiki is often a sign of poor game design.
Qon 17/ago./2014 às 20:36 
PLEASE NOTE: This is being re-written due to lack of detail.
Sounds boring. No.
C0untzer0 18/ago./2014 às 2:09 
Ok, I have to confess that was funny. But no, I was under pressure to write it quickly.
This pressure to rush out poorly written drivel over 24 hours ago magically gives you time to re-write now? That's a strange kinda crunch.
Última edição por C0untzer0; 18/ago./2014 às 2:09
Megaman.png 18/ago./2014 às 2:43 
Escrito originalmente por C0untzer0:
This pressure to rush out poorly written drivel over 24 hours ago magically gives you time to re-write now? That's a strange kinda crunch.

Umm... Now this might sound wierd but.... Me and the other developers have been discussing this game over a period of a few months. Yesterday, I needed to go out for some time. I also forgot to shutdown my computer while being logged into Steam. My brother thought he would save my effort by writing what he thought was in Misteam. He said that he didn't write any details because he thought that other people will steal our ideas.
Which explains the terrible composition. I only came back a few hours ago. So, I decided to re-write it. Sorry XD.

No ones going to believe your "Lol sory my frend took my phone xDDDD"

I also wouldn't buy this it sounds like an uninspired minecraft clone being made my an amateur.
Última edição por Megaman.png; 18/ago./2014 às 2:45
C0untzer0 18/ago./2014 às 2:56 
And you didn't learn from that?
C0untzer0 18/ago./2014 às 3:27 
Sorry, it was wrong of me to expect a "Programmer" to know how to use a computer.
AusSkiller 18/ago./2014 às 4:23 
Out of curiosity how do you intend to handle making a tunnel from one face of the cube with negative Y axis gravity intersecting a tunnel made from another face of the cube with negative X axis gravity? How do you determine which gravity to use at the point of intersection?
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 21
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 17/ago./2014 às 1:46