Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[SL] Flokkienathur Aug 12 @ 3:30am
Greenlight test app id question
Can anyone tell me when you can obtain your steam test app id, so i can implement the steam api in my game?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Skoardy Aug 12 @ 5:44am 
Wouldn't asking in the developer's group be a better idea? More chance of getting your question in front of people who've actually experienced what you're going through.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 12 @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Wouldn't asking in the developer's group be a better idea? More chance of getting your question in front of people who've actually experienced what you're going through.
But then he would have to pay the $100 greenlight dev access fee first.

Since he doesn't have the greenlight dev badge or anything listed as being on Greenlight I assume that he is still considerating putting something on Greenlight and is now doing some research before he does anything.


Edit: Disregard that about Greenlight dev badge, as far as I can tell it does not exist. I was thinking of Steamworks developer badge... which I assume is something different as not all Greenlight devs has that badge.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Aug 12 @ 5:52am
Skoardy Aug 12 @ 6:10am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
But then he would have to pay the $100 greenlight dev access fee first.
I had assumed the little mouse icon next to his name that says 'has Greenlight Developer Access' when you mouse over it meant he had.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 12 @ 7:48am 
Doh! I totally missed that!

*puts on dunce cap and goes to sit in the corner*
wilco64256 Aug 12 @ 8:16am 
Wow I've never noticed that little icon either. Handy.
Skoardy Aug 12 @ 10:53am 
It's the same thing in the various game hub forums to show the person posting actually has the game they're waffling on about.
Black Blade Aug 12 @ 11:47am 
but on any case the Steamworks group is open to who ever signup to Steam Works.. dont have to be a Dev for that
wilco64256 Aug 12 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (card rain):
but on any case the Steamworks group is open to who ever signup to Steam Works.. dont have to be a Dev for that

And why would you want to belong to either the Steamworks developer group or the Greenlight developer group if you're not actually a developer? Seems rather pointless.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 12 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
Wow I've never noticed that little icon either. Handy.
I knew about it I just didn't pay attention/spot it on the OP. :p
So shame on me.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Aug 12 @ 1:05pm
Black Blade Aug 12 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
And why would you want to belong to either the Steamworks developer group or the Greenlight developer group if you're not actually a developer? Seems rather pointless.
well for once if you are planing on becoming one its nice to start early
And on second you get access to info that otherwise you may not know abut
Like things added to the API of the games or how the API works and so on
wilco64256 Aug 12 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (card rain):
well for once if you are planing on becoming one its nice to start early :D:
And on second you get access to info that otherwise you may not know abut
Like things added to the API of the games or how the API works and so on

Considering part of the Steamworks agreement clearly states that you are accessing that area of the site specifically for game development, if you're not doing that then you're in violation of that agreement. So yes, both dev groups are clearly intended to be accessed only by active developers.
[SL] Flokkienathur Aug 19 @ 9:32am 
I do have access to steam greenlight, but I was just wondering if anyone knew when I would obtain my steam test app id. After I submit it to greenlight or after it gets accepted ( >implying it will be accepted)
KoBa____# Aug 19 @ 10:15am 
yo les amis acces to steam greenlight ;)
wolfman56100 Aug 22 @ 3:26am 
i want test a beta game
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50