The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
StodgyMaple768 Aug 8 @ 3:17pm
My Fluffy Pony Mod Creature Mod Idea (These creatures would be excellent for observation and leveling up combat skills).
Hello my fellow Skyrim-players! Today, I would like to use this forum post to make a proposition! Let's just say that these creatures will take someone who can share my... creativity. I have no doubt that every single person who uploads their version of the following ideas to Steam will have me subscribed to the mod, and I encourage everyone to upload any variant of the ideas below.

Fluffies. I'm requesting a mod of Fluffy Ponies to be added to Steam. Now, most of you are probably looking at this post with confusion. Whilst the rest are either grinning like imps in excitement and the final lot are probably reaching for the Caps-Lock button, but I digress. If you have no clue what a "Fluffy Pony" is, just check out my Blog Post to get up-to-date. Now, I have some ideas/points I'd like to share for any of you (awesome) modders interested in picking up this idea.

- First off, the Fluffies could be the regular horse model (body and snout reduced in size) with some small changes to give the "Fluffy" look (some thick fluff covering the body to be it's new coat). Then, the mane should be the same as the tail in colour, and could also be a random colour when the fluffy spawns. Same as the coat, to keep the colour combinations random. Also, the eye colour (if you guys can alter it) should be random to. Make the colours as bright and noticeable as possible! You'll understand soon.

-Their interactions. Well, you know what, let's try and keep some realism! If anyone knows how to get regular animals and NPCs (Bears, Wolves, Foxes, Soldiers etc.) react to the Fluffies as prey and animals, then that's a plus. I don't know if you can get Foxes to attack them, but you should just have the foxes share the combat coding of wolves if you want to pursue that. I'd like it if random Soldiers would just slay them randomly if the Fluffies are within a certain distance from Settlements. Make these Fluffies the prey of all the hostile creatures! It would also be cool if you could have the Fluffies be somewhat intelligent, by actually speaking to the player or when the player talks to them (you don't need to voice these creatures, as that would embarrass anyone since they all speak like 3 year olds and (this is probably the only thing you can't get embarrassed over if you voiced it) they also have a strong lisp. You only have to do subtitles and squeak sounds if you want ( the squeaks can be just edited or regular sounds from the game). The fluffies should also speak to each other and hug (if you can animate this). And, Fluffies should be able to interact by eating, foraging and doing other things some-what intelligent beings would do.

-Spawning. For the Fluffies, when a stallion is near a mare (yes, can I have genders too?) she should have a chance of becoming pregnant with four foals. Then, after 3-5 in-game weeks, the four foals should be born with a random colour combination for each. These foals should be smaller than their parents (their parents should be as tall as the player's knees), and should be preyed on by foxes and foxes only. BUT, the foals should be defended by their parents with the adult fluffies having a ability they use which causes a fox to flee when an adult fluffy hits the fox. These hits should not have any effect on any other creature/NPC/player. After an in-game month, the foals should have their models increased into an adult size. Then the cycle repeats indefinitely.

-Herds. Seen Prides of Skyrim? Same sort of concept, except more interaction. With the Fluffies foraging, sleeping, playing and eating in large groups. These herds could be random encounters in forested areas, and some could be large groups in marked locations. Around these areas should be piles of.. waste which can be used in alchemy as ingredients. I'll leave some room for all you modders to be creative and create your own things around these marked locations. A great idea could be signs of fluffy activity around a marked cave, where a cave network exists inside where fluffies are nested.

I just wanted to get this idea out there since I have no experience in modding, and I'd prefer more awesome people to create it. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if I accessed Steam and found your mod! Don't worry, you'd get a good rating and a subscriber for sure! Thanks for reading!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Grathagis 7 Aug 8 @ 3:28pm 
Seriously, you have no idea what you are asking a modder to do. The only way I can see this happening is if there is a modder as enthousiastic about Fluffy Ponies as you. The chance of that is neglible.
So if you really want this, then you better learn how to use the Creation Kit, make new animations, new textures and everything else that is required.
Good luck in your new endevour.
jjb-54 1 Aug 9 @ 3:53pm 
Originally posted by Grathagis:
Seriously, you have no idea what you are asking a modder to do. The only way I can see this happening is if there is a modder as enthousiastic about Fluffy Ponies as you. The chance of that is neglible.
So if you really want this, then you better learn how to use the Creation Kit, make new animations, new textures and everything else that is required.
Good luck in your new endevour.

I agree with my friend here. This is a 'mod' that is going to have a very narrow interest focal point.

So if you want this done - the thing is: You have a very specific idea of what you want and want to have happen. I know for a good fact, that just about all mod creators will not take on this level of a project because of the personal expectations that you have.

So if you want it done - you are going to have to roll up your sleeves - invest some time and effort to make this happen.
StodgyMaple768 Aug 10 @ 6:36am 
Thanks for the advice, I'll try and create this mod myself as a way to just level-up combat skills and have fun at the same time. Wish me luck, i'll need it!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 8 @ 3:17pm