Steam Greenlight
Dette emnet er blitt låst
Sen 8. aug. 2014 kl. 12.59
Ideas to the last push to get Greenlit...
We have been on Greenlight for a while and are feeling the pressure. We are very close to the top percentile of getting into top50 with our Playing History-Vikings, but not really getting anywhere right now...I was planning to try and be part of some of the indie bundles (http://indiegamebundles.com/complete-bundle-list/) but not sure whether it will hurt more to be part of them as I will on launch sell my product at a discount that we have really invested quite a lot of hard work in over the last three years.

Any advice specifically on
* The last magic we are missing
* The pros & cons of bundles for getting on steam

Much appreciate.

Best,

Simon
< >
Viser 14 av 4 kommentarer
C0untzer0 8. aug. 2014 kl. 13.17 
First, spam the discussion forum to piss off people who may have already voted for you. That's a bold opener.
Gorlom[Swe] 8. aug. 2014 kl. 13.25 
At least hes not linking to his greenlight page or begging for votes. (and it's not exactly spamming)

This might have been a better idea to do in the greenlight dev forum than in the general greenlight forum.

Sen: do anything to get attention OUTSIDE of Greenlight. contact gameing journalists and youtube reviewers.
artcepse 9. aug. 2014 kl. 6.42 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Sen:
* The pros & cons of bundles for getting on steam

FWIW, I've noticed that being in bundles seems to give a boost in votes, perhaps moreso from Greenlight-oriented bundles than other types.

You can check into this by googling some bundles with prominent greenlight links for games, finding the games on Greenlight and looking at the comments around the time the bundle launched. You'll often see a handful (or several) comments saying "Voted!" and sometimes even mentioning the bundle. I assume for every comment you see, there are more people who also voted without commenting.

Good luck!
Sen 9. aug. 2014 kl. 10.03 
Well - I thought I tried to keep it of general interest, and didn't realize there was a specific green light game dev forum, so will visit that instead.

I did a bit more research it seems that the Indie Royal or Indie Gala could be a good choice. They seem to have some traction and interested in games trying to get greenligth. I didn't see a lot of carry over from the Kickstarter we did. I have found three medium size blogs about historical games that I would also post some behind the scene articles to if that gives a boost, but not sure again if that has paid off for other - it is quite a lot of work to write an unique guest post for each :-).

@Thx Artcepse for actually answering the question :-).
< >
Viser 14 av 4 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 8. aug. 2014 kl. 12.59